cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

some kind of off switch for autoplay

I can appreciate that the new 'autoplay' or 'watch next episode now' feature is a much requested one but can those of us who don't want it please have some way to turn it off? Not everyone will want to watch everything in one sitting and I find it intrusive to the point where it can completely ruin the final moments of a show. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry just found this thread

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/quot-Watch-something-new-quot-pop-up/td-p/333325/high...

didn't show up when I searched before for some reason, but maybe a mod can move me there.

In spite of the mod's rather bleak outlook on that thread I can only hope that somebody is looking into a setting for disabling the feature - I know Amazon have one on theirs. It seems a bit poor to enable such a big intrusive change without having any system to disable it, 'much requested' though it may be. Developers please try to bear in mind for the future that unless you actually poll all your customers the many voices apparently requesting such things may actually still be a tiny minority. I'm not saying don't cater for them, just please remember that you tend to get a built in bias when suggestions pop up on forums and if at all possible make such things optional. Thanks

Oh by the way it you can add to your list it completely ruins the end of the Nightmare Worlds of HG Wells

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Developers, or the people that commission them, tend to forget the old saying, "One Man's meat is another Man's Poison".

Nuff said.

UK Bob

Yes, it's the same problem as the "watch next episode" green button on the Sky+HD EPG - there's no option to turn it off and stop it appearing.