cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will you be transmitting in HD?

Hi guys

Was wondering when you will start transmitting in HD?  Did ask a few years ago was hoping that by now shows would be available in HD...

Thanks in advance

Kriss 🙂

1 Solution
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another sci-fi fan around! NOW TV stream in 720p HD on most devices now,  but there's no news on if or when this will be upped to 1080p HD. However streaming on my devices on the big screen, the quality is pretty good.

More details here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

NOW are looking for users to join their Customer Feedback Group and help improve the service. If you're interested read more here and sign up.

View solution in original post

121 Replies
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another sci-fi fan around! NOW TV stream in 720p HD on most devices now,  but there's no news on if or when this will be upped to 1080p HD. However streaming on my devices on the big screen, the quality is pretty good.

More details here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

NOW are looking for users to join their Customer Feedback Group and help improve the service. If you're interested read more here and sign up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is good I agree but I do LOVE my HD... 🙂 Love my Stargate... 🙂

Kriss 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I'm with you there, I keep badgering them for 5.1 surround as well (everything is currently streamed in stereo) so hopefully that and 1080p will be not far away.

If you have time pop onto the ideas board and give the ideas a vote, the more support the better!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/HD-picture-quality/idi-p/191

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Surround-Sound-audio/idi-p/17460

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not too worried about the sound... although I do have the new box that has 5.1 pass through sound... also do get HD Freeview channels as well just want my other stuff in HD... 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its really poor that NowTV havent upgraded the app on Youview. I recently resubscribed and couldnt remember why I cancelled last time a few years ago. Oh yes, it was the terrible quality - its like every film was recorded on a potato.

NowTV will be left behind by the likes of Netflix and BT on youview. People will wonder what's the point of paying top whack to NowTV when they cant be bothered to invest in their youview subscribers.  You will lose me as a subscriber if you don't start streaming in HD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV set has you view built in, can I get NOWTV on it (rhetorical question, I know the answer)? No, so streaming all from Tablet and smartphone. Working a little better than at first use.

RoyB
Legend

You can’t get Movies, even?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I only have sports subscription.
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Any news when now tv boost pass will launch with 1080p picture quality and 5,1 surround sound.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@UKTVPlayapp 

If there has been any official announcement then I’m sure everyone will know. 
We are like you and still in the dark when this important update is coming.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It went live on Friday just gone - 22/11/2019.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And when will the NOWTV app on APPLE TV have this capability? I note that it's not on the list for HD streaming at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I read there might be an update coming in the near future because the new NOW TV Stick they're releasing is supposedly going to transmit streams in 1080p.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

According to the recent press releases it mentions full HD sometime this year 2018 with no specific dates given.

What Sky / NowTV haven't confirmed or denied is if the Full 1080p HD option package is going to be an extra cost or not Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will it cost more? It’s Sky so what do you think?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Any news when now TVs passes content will transmit in 1080p full hd as yet. Is it going to be an optional paid package

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@UKTVPlayapp wrote:

Any news when now TVs passes content will transmit in 1080p full hd as yet. Is it going to be an optional paid package

No idea on when but I'm fairly certain I read somewhere there would be a HD surcharge. I could be wrong but I think it was circa £5? which would cover all your passes.

ukbobboy
Legend

@UKTVPlayapp @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

If there is a surcharge for extra facilities, such as 1080p, 5.1/7.1 surround sound, etc., then I am all for it, so long as those who want these extras pay for them.

Personally, I would not want these extra charges forced onto the general Now TV user base who probably don't want or can't use these "bells and whistles".

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

@UKTVPlayapp @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

If there is a surcharge for extra facilities, such as 1080p, 5.1/7.1 surround sound, etc., then I am all for it, so long as those who want these extras pay for them.

Personally, I would not want these extra charges forced onto the general Now TV user base who probably don't want or can't use these "bells and whistles".

UK Bob

As I read it @ukbobboy (I honestly can't for the life of me remember where I read it) the 'packages'/'passes' that we currently can buy will still be the 'base' pack so to speak. The customer would then have the option of adding hd/1080p for a small extra charge. The article I read said it would be one added monthly charge for HD which would cover all the passes currently on your account. 

The HD surcharge would be an optional extra, such as it currently is on 'big Sky'.

I am another who has no problem with paying a little extra if it means even better stream quality (not that I've much to complain about with the quality as is now). 

The one thing I'd hope for would be for all streams to be output at 50fps instead of the current 25fps, especially for the huge improvement it would bring to fast moving sports such as football etc. 720p/50fps would be better than 1080p/25fps. Of course 1080p/50fps would be the dream scenario, and for that I'd pay a little extra.