cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What happened to Band Of Brothers?

I only just started watching this a few days ago and had watched the first 4 episodes.

Tonight when I sit down to continue watching, it says they are no longer available!

If they’ve been removed because the license ran out, then why couldn’t you at least let people know?

What a ridiculous company!

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Band of Brothers left end of day Monday. 

NOW TV doesn't have the rights to keep shows on the service forever, so all shows have an expiry date. When shows have 30 days or less left, you will see a countdown reminder message appear next to the episodes on the website and most apps to warn you. It's worth looking out for these to help you plan your viewing.

It sounds as if you didn't notice any warning so I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team who can just check for you that the show was due to leave when it did.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was a subscriber for a few months last year, and noticed the removal countdown timer for some shows back then.

I never saw any timer this weekend (or previous week when I added the show to my list) when watching the first episode or subsequent 3/4. I wouldn’t have bothered to add them to my list or even start watching if I had.

Was using the Xbox One app throughout.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Just checked this for you, and the showed has now expired and came off the platform on 29/01/2018. It had been available from 30/10/2017. 

We do tend to bring some of these box sets back, and would hope to have it back in the future. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been able to watch the first episode of band of brothers and now the whole season has gone. There was no countdown 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for us, we watched 2 episodes woke up this morning and the whole season is gone with no countdown!! Disappointed is an understatement 😞 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add me to this list as well. Just started watching last night and today the complete box set has gone.........

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add me to the list as well. Why was there no warning that it was going to end when it did?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here - was half way through episode 3 when it disappeared.  Saw no warning. So annoying.!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Infuriating! Why would you do that to customers if you want them to keep paying? NOW you see it, NOW you DON’T TV!