cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to find any Heartbeat series 1-10

I used to have sky but cancelled due to not watching content, however we do watch itv3 and encore.

i was under the impression I'd be able to watch heartbeat series 1-10 on NOW tv via ITV Encore channel that comes bundled in the entertainment pack which I have. However after setting it up I'm afraid Heartbeat is nowhere to be found, which is for me quite poor.

series 11-18 are on itv3 which obviously is free so easy to find view or catch up, but series 1-10 on Encore is not present, I can't believe this to be fair it's one of the reasons I bought it, we also have a Freeview play recorder but obviously no ITV Encore on there, why can't I watch it? The dvds are expensive and I don't want the hassle of putting a disc in every time, a flock of remote is the way forward, but where is Heartbeat? It's not on, I pressed the watch live section and it obviously just showed what was on now and next, but being Saturday it's obviously not on, only Monday -Friday so not sure if it's on then, probably not, but I'm at work anyway when it's on in afternoon, it's a shame licensing has been so restrictive on this great series.

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Only certain ITV run series are available on ITV Encore via the NOW TV app. All of which are listed alphabetically when you visit 'Channels' and scroll down to 'ITV Encore'.

If you want to access general ITV produced content, such as Heartbeat you'll have to access it via ITV's own app, which they call ITV Hub. Which NOW TV has no control over at all.

By-the-way... What device are you using to access the NOW TV service?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a now tv box, the hub doesn't show encore content as I understand it, only select itv channels , as hub is free and encore is subscription based, 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm using a now tv box, the hub doesn't show encore content as I understand it, only select itv channels , as hub is free and encore is subscription based, 

That's correct, ITV Hub don't offer access to ITV Encore.

The NOW TV 'Entertainment' service offers access to ITV Encore's 'live' broadcast/streamed content. ITV Encore also offers some of ITV's more popular series, either as a 'catch-up' service or as 'box-sets'.

Sufficed to say... ITV decides what content they provide. Not NOW TV.

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

You are correct, the ITV hub does not show ITV Encore.

Sufficed to say, it's up-to ITV to decide which TV shows they want to distribute via ITV Encore. As I understand it, NOW TV have no control over their content.

Cheers