cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Syfy Joining NOW TV

Hi, one a516 digital it says that Sky / NBC Universal have signed new agreements so anyone know if Syfy will be added soon or in 2018 as Hayu will be by then.
17 REPLIES 17

@Anonymous User

Well the a516digital story says "Now TV UK viewers will gain access to TV channel Syfy and on-demand reality service hayu in 2018" so I'm reading that as meaning that SyFy & hayu will be added to NOW TV in 2018. But other opinions are no doubt available....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But wouldn't NOW TV customers want channel now ??

@Anonymous User wrote:
But wouldn't NOW TV customers want channel now ??

@Anonymous User  yes of course I/you/they want it now, but they can only have it from whatever date has been agreed in the deal between Sky & NBC Universal !

ukbobboy
Legend

@dr_necessitor @Anonymous User @Andy @Anonymous User

Well Guys

From a personal point of view, I'm over the moon with joy that Syfy is coming to NowTV but as for Hayu, a reality show station (soaps pretending to be real life), NO.  I like certain reality shows but a station full of them, Oh No!

Still, there must be an audience for such things.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy wrote:

Well Guys

From a personal point of view, I'm over the moon with joy that Syfy is coming to NowTV but as for Hayu, a reality show station (soaps pretending to be real life), NO.  I like certain reality shows but a station full of them, Oh No!

UK Bob

Can't say I care for much other than Sky Atlantic as a channel with the odd show from elsewhere like The Walking Dead.  Doubt I would ever watch Hayu, but like you I guess many would.

I suspect a few more channels will move to Now TV in the next year or two.  Always been surprised Sky 2 isn't there, and there are a few channels on TV Player that may well come to Now as well.    

I suppose too much to expect Eurosport to appear even now the dispute with Discovery Communications has been settled.   They have the 2018 Winter Olympics (and subsequent summer and winter games) so they may need to increase availability.  Even if all they have is Eurosport player on Roku/Now boxes.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Hayu is a subscription service so I would imagine that would come as a separate service with its own app for people to sub to if they wish (my guess, not fact). I reckon you,re right though, MTV content appears to be very popular on the service, so I can see quite a few NOW TV users might be tempted by it.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Well Guys

UK Bob

@ukbobboy I used to use Hayu and a lot of the shows weren't too bad. It wasn't just stuff like The Kardashians. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully Universal channel would be included as well

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Great spot @Anonymous User it's the one channel I not on the NOW TV Ent Pass lineup that I really miss from my Sky TV days. 

These things always take longer than you hope to get here, so I'm guessing it's probably next year for both services. Of course by then, NOW TV will probably be thinking it's about time they put the prices up, but still, great news!