cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Stan Lee's Lucky Man

Dear Forum Members

As anybody seen Stan Lee's Luck Man on Sky, and if you have what do you think of it?

I know that Stan (The Man) Lee has written some hit and miss stuff in the past and I was wondering if this show hits the spot.

UK Bob

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

We've been watching and have enjoyed.

James Nesbitt makes the part for us Smiley Happy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

I've started watching it as well. It's enjoyable. I've only watched the first episode at the moment are probably watch another episode once my new TV is installed  laterSmiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User & @commanda6

Guys

I've seen only two episodes and, I must admit, I am enjoying the show far more than I thought I would, it's probably that Stan (The Man) Lee magic along with James Nesbitt, who is a very good actor.

The only fault I can find with the show is the amount of makeup they put James, they even overdo his eye shadow.  But that being said, I believe this is one of those "not to be missed" shows.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not to be a killjoy but I really wanted to like it but just couldn't get into it. James Nesbitt is a brilliant actor though. My favourites with him are Jekyll and The Missing.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm watching it, but it would probably be the first one I'd drop if I'm finding that I don't have enough time to watch all the other shows I'm currently on.

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Well Casey, I grew up reading Stan Lee comics, i.e. Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Hulk, X-Men, etc. and now I'm watching Stan Lee inspired films and shows, I just love his stuff.

@Anonymous User

Art, all I can say is that "No way" I can drop Lucky Man, even if it means staying up 24/7 (oh no, I sound like a fanatic).  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Surprised

I've just worked it out, I'm gonna kick back and listen some cool music, have a cool drink  Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL and look forward to the next episode. 

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy don't get me wrong, Stan Lee is a legend! The amount of comics and books my dad had me reading growing up you wouldn't believe. He even has a load of marvel collectables that are forbidden to touch 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Yes Casey, I can believe it because I felt the same way as your dad when I was growing up reading Marvel comics, I would even say they gave me a moral compass to follow.

Anyway, now I'm watching Marvel/Stan Lee stuff in the cinema, not seen Deadpool yet, and on TV and it's all good.

Finally, for me Stan Lee and Marvel are synonymous.

UK Bob 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I was meant to see Deadpool on the 10th but didn't have chance. Hopefully next week now. 😄