cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Not another GoT question....

Hi

I managed to watch series 1-5 and didn't start series 6 as the first episode had gone from catch up. I decided to wait until it comes back on to NowTV to watch series 6.

Soooo my question is, is there a way of signing up to be notified on when box sets are returning or do I need to keep checking the app? I have it saved in My TV but don' t want to miss it when it finally returns.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Yes you can still use it, you need to sign into the site but you can use your NOW TV username and password for that. Because NOW TV carries the identical Sky Atlantic channel to the one Sky TV carries the times will work for both services. 

While you're there you can search for any other shows you like watching on NOW TV and get notified when new seasons start!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Apart from that i regularly look on the NowTV community forum for new TV shows or movies being added to their service, i also subscribe to the NowTV Blog linked below, if you click on the blog option you can subscribe and you should get email updates on any new blog posts.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Blog/bg-p/blog/label-name/entertainment#hucM4kjhArv3iz8U.97

Also this thread linked below (thanks @Anonymous User ) is extremely informative for new or leaving boxsets on the NowTV service, which i always check out whilst i am on the forums.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Available-Box-Sets/m-p/300513#U300513

I don't use Twitter or Facebook, but i am sure that you can follow NowTV on these services has well.

I am sure other forum members will point you in the directions for other additional ways to get notification for new shows on NowTV.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps

Thank you, I will definitely sign up to the blog. I already have @artesea 's page saved on my favourites and I do agree it is really helpful, thank you for compiling it!

Twitter......didn't think of that!

Now all I have to do is keep dodging all the series 6 spoilers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

If previous years are anything to go by then unfortunately you're unlikely to see Season 6 return as a boxset until around March time next year (to give people chance to catch up before season 7 starts). 

If it doesn't bother you watching the live Sky Atlantic channel then they probably will repeat season 6 before then (over the Christmas period is pretty much a given) and you can sign up to Sky's Never Miss service to get email-notified when it's on there (make sure you select season 6 when you do a search for GoT)

http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

The only disadvantage of watching it on the live channel is the episodes won't be added to catch-up afterwards so you have to be available to sit down and watch at the time it's broadcast.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

Oh that's good news, yes I would happily watch series 6 repeats live. The Sky Never Miss service....I am not a 'Sky' customer though so would it still allow me to sign up to that? If it does that is a genius idea!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Yes you can still use it, you need to sign into the site but you can use your NOW TV username and password for that. Because NOW TV carries the identical Sky Atlantic channel to the one Sky TV carries the times will work for both services. 

While you're there you can search for any other shows you like watching on NOW TV and get notified when new seasons start!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

You absolute star, thank you!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Good news, you won't have to wait long!

If you haven't noticed already, Sky Atlantic will be showing the entire season 6 over 3 nights on Friday 1st July (from 9pm, 4 episodes) Saturday 2nd July (starting 9pm, 3 episodes) and Sunday 3rd July (starting 9pm, 3 episodes).

You'll be able to watch this on NOW TV but the episodes won't be available on catch-up so you'll need to use the live Sky Atlantic channel each night and watch them as they are broadcast.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I literally just got the 'never miss' email! So grateful to you for letting me know that I am allowed to use it. It worked a treat!! I am happy to watch it live as trying to avoid folks at work talking about is getting ridiculous....spoiler avoidance is a real thing!

Thank you!!!