cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: How to Beat the Entertainment Pass Price Rise

@schnapps that's strange I haven't received an email about that. I have been getting all of their other emails though. Perhaps because I joined a couple of weeks ago on their stacker offer for 6 months? So I won't have to get another pass or gift card till December. Still though that's a bit cheeky I wouldn't have known about a price unless I had seen this thread. I suppose they hope I will forget about my offer coming to end and it will just roll on at the new price. Also I noticed that the 6 month passes are only available to buy on Amazon or at over inflated prices on eBay. The maximum pass i can buy elsewhere is 5 months even with a box. Are they phasing out the 6 month passes? Personally I would be happy if they offered a 12 month gift card then I wouldn't have to bother about it for a year. I am so far loving my now tv entertainment experience one small niggle would be that quantico isn't available at the moment. I wish I'd have joined now tv years ago

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure of NowTV protocol of informing customers on any price changes, but i am guessing that they will email everybody on their computer database plus use all the social media outlets available to them (i.e, Facebook, Twitter etc to notify customers and the general public).

I only received the official email this morning, but was aware of the £1 entertainment price increase from reading the announcement on this community forum.

Like you i always take advantage of the voucher code route and tend to pick up the 6 month entertainment and 4 month cinema passes that come with the box.

Lets hope NowTV can still offer these deals through their Retailer outlets, where the deals i normally press the "buy button " is the box c/w with either 6 month entertainment or 4 month cinema voucher for £20 each.

I suppose the acid test will be the up and coming Bank Holidays, Black Friday and Christmas / January Sales period where these super deals seem to pop up from my history in the past of buying these boxes with the voucher codes.

Also, i would have no problem if NowTV decided to drop the boxes but still offered the vouchers only for the same sort of deal prices (I have lost count of how many spare boxes i have in my cupboard). 

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Oddius
Scholar

If you have a Chromecast, Google was offering an Entertainment Pass for £5 for 3 months(£1.67 pm),

Just took advantage of it in the last few days, I can no longer see the offer but thats probably because I've used it.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Oddius

For some reason NowTV / Google have removed this promotion offer early.

I have asked NowTV for the reason why in this linked thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/Chromecast-Promotional-Offer-3-Months-Enter...

BTW - NowTV you have still not replied to my question why was this entertainment offer pulled early without any notice?

0 Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

Apologies @Andy , if you've mentioned this already, but I didn't see at first glance

No worries @commanda6 any other top tips just stick them in! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Prime - £59/annum  (just wait for the all too frequent offers) - includes movies and 2 million music track & free delivery

Netflix - £6/month - includes movies

£121/annum for Walking Dead (NOTE - not suddenly pulled with no warning), Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, American Gods, Man in the High Castle and movies like Hateful 8, Blair Witch, Girl on The Train etc. without getting a movie pass.  

One way of beating the price rise!

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

One way to get "free" is to go on a site that allows you to earn Amazon vouchers and use those to buy a Now box with passes 😉
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Amazon Prime - £59/annum  (just wait for the all too frequent offers) - includes movies and 2 million music track & free delivery

Unless there's an offer, Amazon Prime costs £79.00 'upfront' per year or £7.99 per month.  The 'basic' SD version of Netflix costs £5.99 per month. The 'standard' HD version of Netflix costs £7.49 per month. The 'premium' UHD version of Netflix costs £8.99 per month.

If people want these services... Go for it. Personally speaking I've been a 'Prime' customer since the service started 😉

As with all things in life... "you pays your money and you takes your choice".

0 Thanks
Geluk
Expert 2

Noticed on E Bay earlier a 6 mth E Pass for £54!!

Amazon have a 6 mth one with the basic black box for £30 currently.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

£121/annum for Walking Dead (NOTE - not suddenly pulled with no warning), Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, American Gods, Man in the High Castle and movies like Hateful 8, Blair Witch, Girl on The Train etc. without getting a movie pass.  

As an aside - you can get Amazon Instant Video for £5.99/month - this is just the video part without the free music and free delivery and whatever else Prime provides these day.

0 Thanks