cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

149 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Entertainment Pass Changes: We are losing 3 channels

Sky will be launching Viceland onto NOW TV in September so may get another new channel before then and am glad they removing kids channels to new kids pass which great idea how most NOW TV customers don't want to watch kids channels

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I just googled it and Viceland looks like rubbish tv. 😞 

Not looking forward to that one.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jezza811 wrote:

So let me get this straight,

You are removing 3 channels and you are adding only 1 and you expect us to pay the same amount?!?

How is this fair? You should add at least another channel like  SyFy or AMC.

Hi @jezza811  

Getting AMC on now TV would be impossible at the moment as BT currently has exclusivity rights to the channel in the UK. Sci-fi is possible, but it would be expensive, so there is a rather small likelihood of it being added. Sci-fi is owned by NBC universal.

Remember that some channels are more expensive than others. Kids channels with the exception of the Disney branded channels don't tend to be expensive

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.

Highlighted
Scholar

Sky 2 maybe then?

Or take the NatGeo and Viceland (I don't want them) and give us Syfy 🙂 

I will even give you Sky Arts and Gold ... lol

Highlighted
Advocate

I've just seen the update on the Entertainment package.

Wont lie, the loss of Disney Channel in my house is a big thing, i hope at least this can go into the kids bundle.

I see why a kids bundle is a sensible idea, however taking this out and not replacing these with a variety of new channels that cater for the majority is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow, seen as though the kids stuff is coming out.

Its like downsizing but not reducing the price or giving any clues to more new channels to come. 

A little disappointed from my perspective that is all.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

I like Gold so we'll keep that one eh 😉 agree Viceland looks like a rubbish channel, we have enough sensational crap with MTV.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

Highlighted
Advocate

Just sounds like a way to squeeze more money out of the customers to me
I have two kids under the age of 10 so now I will have to pay extra for them to keep watching!!
Which ever way you look at it I will be paying more for the same content
Also I got a mail saying I would have been entitled to a 4 month trial but my pass had been cancelled which is rubbish

I have simply applied a voucher code to my pass that I got with a new NOWTV box I bought, it wasn't free I still paid for it!!

Cant say I'm impressed with this at all, lets see how impressed I am when they announce the kids pass price??

Highlighted
Mentor

I completely agree with Nellelph's last post. no more needs to be said.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nellelph it's £2.99 a month and there is a 14 day trial available. (source)

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?