Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All 4 problems

Hi there,

Is anyone having a problem with All 4?
Recently on my nowtv box I cannot watch full programmes. The adverts work fine and sometimes I can watch the first part of a program but then it fails with the message 'this content is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. I've updated now TV to the latest software, deleted and reinstalled all 4, and turned off pings. All of my other apps (I player, now tv, YouTube, ted talks) work fine, and all 4 works on my phone. It's not restricted to any particular program.
(Itv occasionally has problems but it used to on my white box too)
I've raised this with all 4, they've escalated it but being as they didn't have a straightforward answer I wondered whether it might be something box related.
My broadband is good (15 Mbps on average).

Thanks for any help.
177 REPLIES 177
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User, that is odd.

Have you tried uninstalling the All4 app and reinstalling it? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  trying to watch 'The IT crowd' on All4 and every time it gets to the break I get the following warning;

"Video unavailable please try again later." I press ok and try again and still get this warning at the break and it won't allow me to watch it any further,  I have reset the now tv box and it's not made any difference. This has only happened since yesterday as I have been able to watch the previous series fine. 

Please help.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me and I have a white now tv.

According to the app store, the new version of all 4 was released on the 7th of July.

It looks like it doesn't work. I hate forced adds, channel 4 are always having problems. I wish they could notice that I've just sat through a load of adds trying to watch part 2 of a program and just let me watch the rest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I'd advise you to contact Channel 4 and report the issue to them.  NOW TV can't accept responsibility for 3rd party apps unfortunatelySmiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv should face some responsibility as it is on their app store.

Especially as the now tv app store contains a fraction of the apps that are available on the roku store.

I have however reported it to www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately that's not how it works.  NOW TV host the apps on behalf of the 3rd party.  The reason for the choice being limited is reflected in the cost of the box.  Roku boxes are considerably more expensiveSmiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That might not be how you think it should work.

However the advertisement for the nowtv box says that you can "Catch up on the shows you missed" and has icons for bbc iplayer, itv player, all 4 and 5 demand. As it is an advertised feature, nowtv are responsible for those features working. The cost of the box is irrelevant. 

As a user it would be impossible for me to know whether the problem is caused by the app or the customised os build. It shouldn't even be up to us to figure that out.

Telling us to go away without even saying where to report the issue is not very helpful.

It would make sense if there was a forum/post for each app with instructions on how to report issues and also to allow discussion between members.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As this is a third party app we would not be able to investigate this, we would advise you to contact Channel 4 directly if they have had any issues with their app.

Thanks

Simi

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You should remove all references to third party apps in your advertisements then.

I suspect that channel4 will fix it before I could file a complaint with the ASA or small claims court, at least you better hope they do.

If nobody from nowtv can even be bothered to turn on a device they advertise as supporting all 4 and actually try it then I can see which way any decision would go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watching Ep1 of The Hunter on All4 and it's working fine.

I must admit that the new app requiring completing a form of registration was a little surprising but that's down to All4 not Roku/NowTV.

In life there's no such thing as a free lunch so one has to accept adverts with commercial demand services.