cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Col1000

How do I get a refund

I fell for the hype.

I signed up for the basic £6 per month Now TV deal and gave over my paypal details on 11th Feb 2023.

I thought I had 7 days free to try the service to see if I liked it.

On the same day I looked at what was available on Now TV and I decided I didn't want to carry on.

I noticed that same day that Now TV took £6 off me. So I cancelled straight away.

I thought that was the end of it.

Today on the 18th Feb I see Now TV have just taken £5 off my paypal. OMG

I tried chatting to a bot but that was useless.

There is no one to email.

OMG is this for real? How do I get my money back and end this sad experience with Now TV?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Col1000 

Jump onto live chat and speak with staff who should be able to help.
Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Col1000 

While @gavs82008 has told you what to do, you, or anybody else looking, might want to know how you got to where you have:-

Firstly, the 7 days free trial is now only for Hayu, and I am guessing you signed up for Entertainment.

That being so, the only way to see what is available for free is to browse to the Now website and look around the static icons.

The experience when you take the Entertainment Membership is much the same, except you can actually start the video for anything under Entertainment, and watch it.

Most people getting to this point and then wanting to cancel have decided that they like what Now has to offer, in principle, but have a poor experience when playing, or trying to play, the videos. This is something they can’t check in advance, of course.

So you Cancelled, which I guess worked, but check you got an email saying you had cancelled. If not, check under My Account/Memberships that the membership isn’t set to renew next month, as Cancelling can be a bit of a tricky procedure that you have to complete all the steps for.

The £5 a week later was Boost kicking in. The small print of signing up for a Membership is that you do get a week’s free trial of Boost, and if you don’t also cancel that within the week, it starts a monthly subscription for Boost as well.

You may very well think that is an unsatisfactory practice; I couldn’t possibly comment.

Assuming that you did successfully cancel the Entertainment Membership, this means that Now started a Boost subscription for you, when there was nothing to boost.

If so, you may very well think that is an even more unsatisfactory practice; so I do hope it is not the case.

Good luck with Live Chat; I do hope that having dipped your toe in the waters of Now, they can give you your toe back.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.