cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thom77
Scholar 4

Arrowverse Shows Renewed

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

59 Replies
commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Re: Arrowverse Shows Renewed

@Thom77 wrote:

I know we have a lot of Arrowverse fans out there, so you might be interested in this from Geektown.co.uk........ Supergirl, The Flash, DCs Legends and Arrow have all been renewed for another season:

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/04/02/the-cw-renews-all-the-dc-shows-riverdale-supernatural-dynasty-...

I'd hoped they would all be renewed, but was wondering mostly about Supergirl and it's 'production delays' in the current season and whether this was a sign of bad news going forward..... but appears not to have been. 

I'm also keeping an eye on whether Gotham gets renewed for a fifth season from what I've read so far it looks like it is going to be renewed, but nothing's been confirmed yet. @Thom77 . Can you keep an eye on Gotham as well, and whether it gets renewed just in case I miss something. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Thom77
Scholar 4

@commanda6

I think we're at that time of year when all the renewal news starts to filter through...... if I spot anything about Gotham season 5, I'll get it posted.

Surely season 5 is in the bag????

robert1997
Scholar 1

The latest seems to be that season 5 is likely providing they can schedule a better slot for it. In the US it moved to Thursdays which has saw a dip in ratings http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/12/gotham-renewal-season-5-fox-hopeful/

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @robert1997 @commanda6 Anybody been watching Black Lightning? Any good? Stephen Amell is apparently keen on doing a crossover with the Arrowverse.

Thom77
Scholar 4

@Andy@commanda6@robert1997

Unfortunately I don't have Netflix so can't watch Black Lightning, even though I would have been very keen to watch, so I might need to hope that it gets a DVD release in a timely fashion (and not years down the line).  I wonder if Sky One were also in for it??  they already have Monday to Thursday sorted with Arrowverse, so they could have filled that Friday slot (in fact, two more new shows and they could fill the whole week)

I'm sure when Black Lightning came out they said they had no immediate plans for a crossover, even though they are in the same universe, but we all know that it will happen at some point....... it just won't be that easy to follow given the two different homes for the shows.

I'm very well sure Mr Amell would love a crossover...... a new show in our universe, a possible five-way crossover, another zero on my pay cheque, yes please!!!!!

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 Yeah the crossovers are already getting a little unwieldy with 4 shows, it only needs Sky to drop one of them to stick the spanner in the works for us UK viewers. There must be quite a few viewers who only watch one or two of the shows so sticking the crossovers in the middle of each show can cause confusion, especially when each show is already in the middle of their own plot arcs.

I don't know why they don't make it separate from the series and instead have a separate little mini-series of say 4 or 5 eps with a crossover story, stick it in the midseason break when everything else leaves. Then people can take it or leave it.

Looking forward to Marvel's Runaways turning up on SyFy 18th April, I'm hoping it will be a fun undemanding watch like The Gifted was. With Westworld on its way I don't need anymore over complicated TV shows to keep track of!

commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

Hi @Andy @Thom77 @robert1997

Yes, Black lightning is good . Not as good as Gotham but I would still recommend that it is good enough to binge watchSmiley Happy some might possibly say it starts off a bit slow in the first episode, but after that speeds up quickly , so I suggest trying to binge watch up to the latest episode, but remember only one new episode is added per week, so after  you you've caught up you won't be able to binge watch.

As for Gotham's ratings going down , it seems that some of our American cousins. obviously don't know good entertainment when it's right in front of them. Smiley LOL ratings stuff always makes me laugh, particularly for American shows because what the Americans seem to forget is that for a lot of the shows. Overseas contracts have been drawn up which allows a particular show to be shown in countries outside the US .  I'm pretty sure that for a lot of these cases, broadcasters from overseas will pay money on a per season basis. So if a program like Gotham is cancelled before it's time. It means the US networks and rights holders will make less money from the overseas viewing contracts. So when they make their decision. They should do it based on the average ratings of all the territories in which a program is shown and not just the US ratings. 

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @commanda6 that's good to know, I'd wait until the whole series is done before watching as I dip in and out of Netflix rather than subscribe continuously so I'll grab it later in the year. It does look good and I imagine it's in a similar style to the other CW shows 👍

0 Thanks
Thom77
Scholar 4

@Andy

Before I was up to date with all my Arrowverse and watching them live on Sky One I had to catch-up on Arrow via DVD and when I bought season 5 Arrow DVD they didn't give you the full crossover episodes from all shows (in that season)...... the crossover event seemed to have its own DVD release, so in relation to your idea of a standalone crossover, they've done that in the money making DVD sector if not the broadcast field.

I also spotted that Marvel's Runaways show coming to SYFY and will definitely give it a go as it does look like a bit of fun...... I too will use it to ease the brain after Westworld, BUT also after watching the returning Legion on Fox....... don't know if you watched it, I enjoyed it, but have no idea what was going on!!!!!!