cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pre-show adverts -> cancellation

I used to think NowTV was a pretty good service, until they started putting outstandingly irritating adverts onto the start of more and more programs I wanted to watch. These are the adverts for other (######) programmes that you can't skip or fast-forward on the Roku box. (I don't know if it's just Roku - you don't get them when viewing from the web.)

The current adverts are particularly loud, offensive, and repetative (especially when looking through several episodes to find the one you want), but forced adverts are never acceptable, least of all on a paid service.

I swore at my TV for the last time today. I have cancelled my NowTV subscription on account of this. Is there anyone else here who feels strongly about this? (I know it's not just me, but maybe people on this forum are more tolerant of NowTV's dirty tricks.) Is there some additional way of expressing our dislike of this feature to NowTV? If they removed the adverts, I'd gladly sign up again, so I'd be especially glad to hear about any plans to do that.

Thanks,

Tim.

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

These suggestions have been made before but I thought it was worth re-capping them for new sufferers 🙂

Try backing out as soon as the trailer starts, then restarting the programme. It sometimes takes just one or two attempts, but I've done it eight times before as I'd rather waste my time backing up than being subjected to the appalling noisy, intrusive and irrelevant trailers! 

Also always click 'watch next’, even if you don't plan to watch the next episode right away. That way once you have started a season/series you will never see another trailer for the rest of it.

Hope these help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...feeling the same as everyone else. I'm about 2 more adverts away from cancelling my subscription.

Shame on you Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely detest them! I have quit now tv! Unfortunately I can’t unsubscribe just yet because my mother uses it to continue her shows but she’s is being slowly weened off them 😂! And we will be long gone very soon.

I absolutely cannot BELIEVE the cheek of putting adverts on a paid-for service and non-skippable ones at that! If we want to watch a show we will find it ourselves! As a subscriber of amazon and Netflix too I can 100% say netflix is coming out top trumps. Netflix’s promoted content is added to a ‘highlight’ reel at the top which auto plays if you hover. It’s tailored to suit the profile and guess what?... You can carry on with your own thing. You are not forced to watch them, you can scroll down and it all disappears from the screen and leave you to enjoy the service you pay for. It doesn’t have adverts pop up in between a binge watch of episodes. (Yes, now Tv does that!) if I’ve missed 5 episodes of Game of Thrones I want to watch all episodes undisturbed! Not with a minute long advert in front of the lot of them...Add this to the fact that basically ZERO of the now tv adverts are even tailored to mine or my mothers likin...  it’s soon to be an absolute no go.

ive found, over the years of tv subscriptions, Now Tv has always be a bit behind the times. (How long did we wait for subtitles as standard? - that was a massive pile of discrimination) and yet it took them long enough to listen to the consumer & fix that issue. 

Most of all the customer service is horrific. I’ve had emails fail to send, calls unanswered and email replies to by robots who lets face it, don’t know what they are doing. I’m sure I’m not the only consumer to have written them an email with this same topic - & to receive no reply. 

Overall utterly l disappointed in such a big company. Clearly the consumer is not in mind when designing the software. All they see is $$££.!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I share your frustration. However one tip that might help is to always click on ‘watch next’ at the end of an episode, even if you don’t plan to watch it straightaway. That way you avoid the trailers for a whole season/series.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes why the hell do I have to sit through adverts on a piad service Now tv is the only one to do this with no option to skip I won't be renewing my membership either!