cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spacedeck
Scholar

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having this exact issue with the black box. PS4 app plays fine but the black box has this high pitched sound. You can rewind the program and it will continue to occur every time.

Could it be a fault in the NowTV box?
0 Thanks
Spacedeck
Scholar

So I've do e the whole unplug devices / route and wait.
I've done the secret mrnu to force update.
I've aldo gone so far to do a factory reset.

None of the above solutions havr worked.

The newest release (Thr Secret Life of Pets) has this issue and the first time it occurs is around thr 8min 50 secs. It occurs just aad the cat is jumping off the armchair.
0 Thanks
Spacedeck
Scholar

Okay, I'm now at the conclusion that Skys servers are at fault or an update caused the issue.

I took the box with me to my sisters at the weekend and I was getting the same sound issues that I've previously described. New house, new wiring, new plug sockets ect. The only thing the same was the NowTV box and the wires I use to connect.

Since I may have had a feeling the box could be the issue. I bought a new black box while in town today. This produces the exact same issues with the sound, even though I've tried all new wires. I even tried changing the plug adaptor I'm using. Also tried on my PC monitor via HDMI and still the same issue.

Please can this be looked into by somebody from Sky? This is an issue that seriously can't ruin the movies experience.
0 Thanks
Gleeky
Expert

I have noticed this one more than one Entertainment show (watching via catch up) within the last few weeks. Also watching on a Black Box.
0 Thanks
johannes235
Advocate

Re: Sound stuttering

Ok not sure how this forum works have just subscribed to now tv using laptop windows 10.

Sound stuttering on Now TV player on chrome, firefox makes it not worth watching.

Won't play on Microsoft Edge, and on Internet Explorer with silverrlight internet explorer won't work.

Tried resetting router.

Anything I can do or should I just cancel. Have been at this for three days without success.

The online chat takes forever no point in using it, phone number takes me to a water supply phoneline!

THanks

0 Thanks
thehome
Advocate

Sound keeps cutting out

I have full wifi signal (Sky internet) and Now TV is constantly losing sound when streaming Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks. Pretty infuriating. Any solutions out there? 

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sound keeps cutting out

Hi and welcome to the forum @thehome,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

Re: Sound keeps cutting out

@colin1951 @thehome @johannes235 @Gleeky

Hi this thread has now been escalated and this thread is now being looked into, we will keep you updated on this. Thanks The Nowtv Team 

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks
Spacedeck
Scholar

@Nadine-K NOW TV Team

And the issue with the chirp / distortion when using the Black box?
0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

@Spacedeck

Yes everything in the Thread has now been escalated to our Tech team who are currently looking into this for us : )

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂