cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelenMc86
Occasional Poster

Re: Poor sound quality

How very polite of you to completely ignore my post but acknowledge the people who posted before and after me...lovely way to treat a new customer. No kidding it takes a while for you guys to sort these things out, it’s still not sorted. It’s bad enough to not have an issue resolved within 24 hours but I didn't have to look very hard to see posts date back as far as May reporting the same problems that still haven't been dealt with. What a shame, it seemed like a great service and I was looking forward to using it but this is an awful first impression.

0 Thanks
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @HelenMc86

We're very sorry I'm sure this must have been accident but I do apologise that you were not included in the earlier post. We do apologise for the time it has taken recently to resolve some of the issues. All the sound issues are being looked into and we hope to have them rectified as quickly as we can.

Sorry that this has dampened your first impression of us. Hopefully watching Justified which is brilliant can get you back on our good side?

Thank you for your co-operation whilst this is being looked into.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Jthomson777
Occasional Poster

Has this been sorted yet? It is ridiculous.

Watching GoT on PS4 is now impossible because of the constant sound drop outs. Doesn't happen with any other streaming service only Now TV. It's not the episode because I can watch it on IPhone with no problems.

Apparently this has been going on ages now. To.be honest I don't want a reply saying it's being looked into, if it is being looked into (for many months now) then maybe you need to look harder? Or get a new tech team.
I'd like to at least know at what stage of the process they are looking into this?
0 Thanks
mark62
Occasional Poster

I have three NowTV devices, that all suffer from this infernal sound dropout issue!  My  fibre internet connection is stable and there are no similar  problems with any other streaming services that I receive (Netflix UHD and Amazon Prime).

The stuttering sound (for wants of a better description) really impairs the viewing enjoyment and coupled with the somewhat poorer (picture) stream quality, provides a rather lacklustre experience!

The time span of these reported issue worries me, as there seems little that you are able to do to fix the problem.

As much as I enjoy the programming content of your entertainment package, I (and many others I feel) will eventually tire of the problem and ditch the service in favour of the higher stream qualities offered by other providers,  in what is now a very competitve market!

Please, I emplore you! - sort out this issue soon!

0 Thanks
varsas
Helper 1

@Jthomson777 As I understand it different devices receive different streams for the same episode of a series. If it plays fine on your iPhone it doesn't mean it should be fine on the PS4 as you've noticed. Also I've not previously found the issue to be related to all episodes of a series. You should list the episodes and platform you have issues with so that the technical teams can look at the specific issues.

Currently watching on catch-up: The Flash S3, Arrow S5, Supergirl S2, The Walking Dead S7
Waiting for boxsets: Silicon Valley S3, Veep S5.
Jono20121
First Poster

Things are sounding very familiar on here. I have just signed up and wanted to watch Tron Legacy , minutes into the film I suffered from audio dropouts that continued for ages and got so bad had to switch it off. Thought it might be my Xbox one so tried it on my iPad and iPhone and it was the same even on another film.
Glad I'm in the 14 day trial......
Also the are the films in full HD? As films on Netflix seem to be sharper with no audio problems .
0 Thanks
Rgunit
Contributor 1

Lots of sound dropout on the new Apple TV on the final episode of season 1 of the Blacklist. No dropout on the same episode on the iPhone. 

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rgunit,

Thanks for posting.

We'll get this reported and looked into you ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Rgunit
Contributor 1

I've adjusted the audio setting on my appleTV from auto to stereo, which means the Dolby surround setting is switched off. The same episode seems to play ok now. I did this as I was having similar problems on the BBC iplayer app, so it became clear that this may not be a NowTv app problem.

That said, I occasionally get sound problems on theirs app when streaming over my phone network. Anyway - it's worth trying this as a fix on the appleTV and seeing how you get on.
LtDan
First Poster

Still getting audio issues. Watching Boardwalk Empire via PS4 and the sound is bubbly, with a stutter on the top end of all dialogue. It's not unwatchable but it's really really annoying! This doesn't happen with any other service or with DVDs or Blurays, so I presume it must be the stream quality. I've got 200mb fibre, so it's not my connection.

0 Thanks