cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality

Last night whilst watching episode 4 of Madam Secretary the sound quality seemed to be particularly poor, suffering several audio drop-outs. This was by no means the first time this has occurred but was amongst the worst instance of this lately.

I view Now TV through the Now TV box and the problem is nothing to do with streaming speed/internet connection as the box shows the signal as excellent and furthermore when I 'rewind' a section of the program and re-listen the audio drop-out occurs at the same points in the sound track.

Ruins a pretty good service otherwise. Any chance this could be fixed so that similar problems don't occur? It seems that the Sky programmes are uploaded onto the server complete with their poor quality sound track.

Neil

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How very polite of you to completely ignore my post but acknowledge the people who posted before and after me...lovely way to treat a new customer. No kidding it takes a while for you guys to sort these things out, it’s still not sorted. It’s bad enough to not have an issue resolved within 24 hours but I didn't have to look very hard to see posts date back as far as May reporting the same problems that still haven't been dealt with. What a shame, it seemed like a great service and I was looking forward to using it but this is an awful first impression.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We're very sorry I'm sure this must have been accident but I do apologise that you were not included in the earlier post. We do apologise for the time it has taken recently to resolve some of the issues. All the sound issues are being looked into and we hope to have them rectified as quickly as we can.

Sorry that this has dampened your first impression of us. Hopefully watching Justified which is brilliant can get you back on our good side?

Thank you for your co-operation whilst this is being looked into.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 years from this post I'm also having the same issues, currently trying to download the walking dead from elsewhere due to poor sound in particular, spent half an episode with no sound or broken sound

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're getting the same thing trying to watch London Live. Has anyone successfully resolved this, and how? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Season 4 of The Walking Dead has sound dips every few seconds throughout each episode and it's very irritating. It's like little jolts on the sound and it's really distracting. I've only watchd a few episodes and couldn't even enjoy them because the dips are so frustrating. I've given up now, I'm so disappointed as I was really looking forward to this and only signed up yesterday and it's been nothing but problems. As I've read through this thread I've also noticed that this has been going on for several months and many people have reported these problems and they still haven't been resolved.

Bucktree
Mentor

Hi guys,

I too am experiencing irritating sound blips and dropouts on both entertainment and movies.  It really does spoil what is a great service.

I'm getting it on Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, 24, and pretty much anything I watch. 

Hope you can sort it out, as I said it's in my opinion really spoiling an otherwise great service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this been sorted yet? It is ridiculous.

Watching GoT on PS4 is now impossible because of the constant sound drop outs. Doesn't happen with any other streaming service only Now TV. It's not the episode because I can watch it on IPhone with no problems.

Apparently this has been going on ages now. To.be honest I don't want a reply saying it's being looked into, if it is being looked into (for many months now) then maybe you need to look harder? Or get a new tech team.
I'd like to at least know at what stage of the process they are looking into this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User As I understand it different devices receive different streams for the same episode of a series. If it plays fine on your iPhone it doesn't mean it should be fine on the PS4 as you've noticed. Also I've not previously found the issue to be related to all episodes of a series. You should list the episodes and platform you have issues with so that the technical teams can look at the specific issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have three NowTV devices, that all suffer from this infernal sound dropout issue!  My  fibre internet connection is stable and there are no similar  problems with any other streaming services that I receive (Netflix UHD and Amazon Prime).

The stuttering sound (for wants of a better description) really impairs the viewing enjoyment and coupled with the somewhat poorer (picture) stream quality, provides a rather lacklustre experience!

The time span of these reported issue worries me, as there seems little that you are able to do to fix the problem.

As much as I enjoy the programming content of your entertainment package, I (and many others I feel) will eventually tire of the problem and ditch the service in favour of the higher stream qualities offered by other providers,  in what is now a very competitve market!

Please, I emplore you! - sort out this issue soon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Things are sounding very familiar on here. I have just signed up and wanted to watch Tron Legacy , minutes into the film I suffered from audio dropouts that continued for ages and got so bad had to switch it off. Thought it might be my Xbox one so tried it on my iPad and iPhone and it was the same even on another film.
Glad I'm in the 14 day trial......
Also the are the films in full HD? As films on Netflix seem to be sharper with no audio problems .