Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Latest episode bug on NOW TV devices

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

There's been a little bug happening the last few weeks when it comes to watching a new episode via the Latest section of the NOW TV app - eg when watching Talking Dead if you go via Entertainment > Channels > Fox > Talking Dead  > Latest > Ep 12 and try to click on the new episode in the Latest section it does nothing. However if you via Season 8 > Ep 12 it plays fine. The same goes for the latest episode of TWD.

It affects the v4 versions of the box apps, but not the old v3.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I've noticed it a few weeks now and it seems to happen for the first day or so of the episode appearing - later in the week it plays fine from that Latest section. 

I know it's not really your department, but could you pass it onto the people that need to know to be looking into why it's happening? It has caught out a few people on the forum over the past few weeks. Ta. 

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User - Hi, just to let you know this is still happening with Blue Bloods and Blacklist.  Latest Episode of Blue Bloods only started to work when it was replaced by the next Latest Episode.

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Another example here if you're still collecting!

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/Fast-and-loud-season-5-ep-7/m-p/464207/highlight/false#M13165

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been experiencing this too.
Started a couple of weeks ago.
Shows in My TV had a grey Now TV logo instead of the screen shot image and the latest episodes wouldn't play.
Checked Network connection etc, no difference. Unplugged for 10mins, screenshots came back, but still unable to play the latest episodes.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User

Did you follow the work around on post 1 on here to watch your latest TV show episodes ?

The way i access the latest episodes, is to go into the entertainment section of the nowtv App, then select channels, then select the channel of the  TV show that you want to watch, then scroll down the seasons list to the newest available season, then scroll down the episode list until you reach the latest episode which you want to watch.

Hopefully then the latest episode will play.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @schnapps
No, I'm afraid that doesn't work either 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using a nowtv box or smart stick ?

If so, have you tried a forced software update by going into the secret hidden menu and even if you are on the same software version still update the software by following step 6 on this linked guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Hopefully somebody else will come along with further suggestions that you could try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's a secret hidden menu @schnapps?!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using a nowtv box or nowtv smart stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps, it's a shiny little square black box.
The connection test says Excellent, It's only the latest episode of NowTV shows, BBC, ITV etc are all fine. 

Most odd.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Does your little shiny black box looks like this ?

l_10136497_007.jpg

If so, press the Home Button on the remote 5 times, quickly followed by pressing the Fast Forward >> button 3 times, then quickly followed by pressing the Rewind << button 2 times it should open a secret menu where you can update the software (update software even if you are on the same version number)

I doubt the software update will work, but there is no harm in trying.

Just to clarify, that you went to the entertainment channels list on the LHS of the screen, then selected the channel the episode was on, then on the seasons list you went to the newest season on the bottom of the list on the LHS of the screen (and not the latest episodes shown on the top of the LHS of the screen) ?