cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jittery video 4k Now TV box

I have just bought a brand new4k now TV box and despite connecting to my fibre broadband using WiFi then an ethernet cable, am experiencing jittery, jumpy video. I have tested my download speed and confirmed it as being well over 130Mbps download using wifi so that's not the problem. Sound is fine and I get no buffering issues. Do I have a faulty box?

1 REPLY 1
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No, I don't think you have a dodgy box.  this is probably occurring because you don't have auto adjust refresh rate enabled. By default, the default video output frequency on the box is 60 Hz. However, all UK TV content is 50 Hz.

This means that the default refresh rate of the box is not suitable for UK content. This can often cause the Jittery video, which you describe, especially when watching sports of fast live-action programming

to enable auto adjust refresh rate go to

Settings > system > advanced system settings > advanced display settings > auto adjust refresh rate and then select enable.

What this function does is adjust the output frequency of the content so that it is suitable for the content you are playing.

Hope this helps you outSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.