cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollys1
Advocate

Ads before content!?

When you pay for a service you don't expect there to be ads on that service?

In addition the ads are unskip-able and often for things completely unrelated?

Why should you have to suffer through more adverts when you've already purchased it. 

Is there a option to stop these happening and if not there should be.

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
7 Replies
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Re: Ads before content!?

I have never seen a advertisement before a program though occasionally I see trailers for other programs available on Now TV, so similar to those on Amazon Prime and other subscription services. 

On Now TV you cannot skip these trailers. 

0 Thanks
hollys1
Advocate

that’s what I’m referring too. This unskip-able trailers, which are advertisements. They also advertise other sky products.  I know amazon do it, which is equally annoying, but at least you can skip them and they don’t tend to be paid products. They don’t seem to do it on Netflix. I don’t want them selling other products, like football packages and other channels when bought one all ready.

0 Thanks
Pam
Advocate

It is so annoying. It is always ads for football and sport (I already have now tv sport so the ads for them are pointless!). It's a paid subscription, the ads should at least be skippable. I understand them on terrestrial tv services because that is how they generate revenue but... I pay for NOW TV movies, entertainment and sport - it's enough to justify no ads.  

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Pam 

Can I ask what device is it your using that you see the "advertising" for Sky products?

When I have used my Sony Bravia Andriod TV I have not encountered such adverts from Sky. 

0 Thanks
Pam
Advocate

It's on the console apps for xbox and playstation, and it happens every time I first select a show to watch and then every few episodes after that. We don't watch it on TV or PC anymore so I can't comment on those. It's doesn't make sense to me at all - It's not enough to make me cancel but it's still annoying especially when I have the products being advertised 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Pam 
That certainly is odd if the advertising appears on some devices but not others. 
If they had to keep the advertising I’d really hope they introduce a skip feature. 

Best option is to drop an email to customer support to complain about it. Address in the below picture.

40EC8743-FA3D-4DDA-9ED9-105224A227A8.jpeg

0 Thanks
Pam
Advocate

That’s lovely, thank you for your help. I will put a complaint in for sure actually. Thanks again 😊