cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ADVERTISING ON NOWTV?!!!!!

What’s with the ads?! Are you kidding me!!! This is a subscription streaming service. I’m cancelling if this doesn’t change. Ridiculous. Paying to see blasted ads in a subscription streaming service. Ridiculous. I’m cancelling if this continues. 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Replied to your other thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/WHAT-S-WITH-THE-ADS/td-p/571199/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

Have a month free of adverts...

https://www.nowtv.com/home/boost

superglo2012
Scholar 3

In 2012 when I first started streaming this service there were no ads, till 2021 and nearly 10 years later I have finally decided to cancel as it is too expensive for entertainment, as I  mainly watch drama and comedy shows, no reality sometimes documentaries. The Movies are complete rubbish. Most of the shows that have been on are now showing on other streaming services and also starting to appear on tv.

When you are already paying for a subscription you should not have to pay extra for no ads. I signed up to Disney+ for a year. I will start watching here again next year, when something I want to watch, as a lot of shows have finished, cancelled, or moved to other streaming services.

NOW TV NEEDS TO SERIOUSLY CHANGE THIS ADVERTISING.................   

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

What has happened since the service started is that Comcast a US company bought Sky and therefore NOW. 

In the US 99% of the streamers have adverts in its paid services, to get rid of them you have to pay more. 

All the Comcast are doing is pushing this into their Eurepoean markets. 

Do we agree with it, of course not. Will they revert back? Not a chance. 

Don't want adverts, who does, pay more money to say goodbye to adverts. Right now I am paying £2 for boost, that's along with £9 combined for entertainment and movies. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

I don’t find the advertising that bad.  And as I only pay £1/month for entertainment, I will live with them.  Also what i tend to do is play the show/movie before I want to watch it and then start at the beginning to reduce the adverts.