cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marc-sufc1889
Advocate

error code

keep getting a something went wrong error code CE 118377-7 on PS 5 after 10 mins of viewing NOW, tried rebuilding the database and reinstalling the NOW app and no fix. i'm currently only one month into a 6 month contract and for the last week paying for a service i don't receive. need help

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@marc-sufc1889 

You don’t need to create a new thread since you have posted in the ever growing one. Also use the many posts from me in that thread to report it to staff. 

As you will have noticed they don’t reply on here.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Rach1990
Mentor

@gavs82008 seriously though, who made you king?

RoyB
Legend

@Rach1990 

Seriously, if you think @gavs82008 kingly, then it was Now themselves when they made him a Community Contributor. (See the three stars?)

But you really should not diss the volunteer experts here when they inconveniently give the answers that you need to hear, rather than such answers as you would apparently like to hear 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rach1990 

Multiple threads will NOT get seen by the right staff. So I am just telling folk, doesn't mean you have to be rude.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help