cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Buffering Issue

Did you get resolution on the stutter issue with xbox? I have same trouble streaming sports channel and likes to disconnect often as well which is very frustrating
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @kidxenon

Thanks for your post.

Can you elaborate on your issue a bit more? 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

The biggest problem is the frequent disconnection - it says "whoops! Now tv is having problems" and i have to return to the starting page. Happens every 5 to 10 minutes
The stuttering is where the image freezes (not the sound) and restarts a few frames later. Quite annoying when your watching tennis and you effectively often miss half of the point
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have fiber broadband and no issues with bbc player etc. And similar to previous poster use xbox to watch. However the stutter also happens with the app on my new Samsung S6
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @kidxenon

Thank you for the info. Is this issue still occurring? If so can you try watching via an ethernet cable on the Xbox and maybe try clearing the cache. 

In regards to the android can you delete the app and re-install and make sure no other devices are using the wi-fi at the same time and see if that helps the viewing experience.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Hi all.
I had similar problems to everything that has been mentioned here when viewing on my Xbox one. I took the following steps and everything has been solved, for now at least.
1. Make sure the console is completely updated.
2. Push and hold the off button to turn off the Xbox. Don't just press the off button as that will just send it to stand by.
3. Remove the power lead and let the Xbox completely power off. This step is important as the capacitors inside need to completely discharge. Don't be impatient, give it at least 30 seconds.

Step 3 is the main part of this fix. As far as I am aware this is the only way to clear the cache on the console.

Hope this help you all 🙂
Highlighted
Advocate

The buffering and sound issue is pretty sever ive tried watching 3 films now and ive had to stop them cause it gets worsas the film goes on. Ive recently upgraded to Windows 10 but NOW TV only works when i use Internet Explorer. I have a fast connection speed, all other streaming sites as Netflix, IN2Streams work fine only Now TV i have the issue with. Any suggestions on fixing the constant buffering would be great or i'm just going to have to cancel the subscription.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this @MCarey89

Can you please let us know if you have been able to use the Windows 10 app? You can download this from the windows store. 

Do you use any other device? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

I signed up for now to as Netflix did not have any good films on it! However on the first film I selected as part of the free trial but I have also signed up, found that the film either stopped and the message on the screen said check with now to for status as this should not happen. Then I restarted the film and it stopped many times and so gave up. The wireless router is in another room of the house so connecting up with an Ethernet cable is not an option, I have sky unlimited broadband, get no issues streaming the film to my iPad. Will try the film again today and try another to see if it is just the film.

this is not the best of impressions from now tv. Note also got the same issue with Netflix then it appeared to to resolve its self. But now tv had the better films etc so, cancelled Netflex and joined now tv..

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: My videos load, but are then very jumpy and skip a lot, also the audio repeats. Can you help?

Hi @Kjp123

Thanks for your post.

You mentioned in the first part of your post that you were facing issues with Netflix. Could you confirm if you were referring to NOW TV please?

Thanks

Ruth

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks