cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1080P update

@Fellapb @RoyB 

The Roku Streaming Stick+ (4k with auto refresh rate) is the best investment I've made in a long time. Not only does it give you all the major players in the UK but offers so much more besides. I run Plex on it for my own archived material, and love delving into some of the more obscure channels (apps) on offer. It's amazing for vintage tv (Flash Gordon anyone?) 😀

0 Thanks

@Fellapb @RoyB 

@gavs82008has started a thread https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Other-Apps/Sky-Go-update/m-p/505344#M2143 that may be of interest re NowTV and Amazon (it's the latest on the new Sky Go rollout).

RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fellapb 

Ah, ‘one box to rule them all’. The YouView box always had this ambition, slipped back a bit, but seems to be on track to achieve this at last, if/when we finally get full NowTV on it.

The Roku devices have probably stolen a march on YouView as far as apps go, but don’t compete in the ‘live TV with recording’ space, where YouView is potentially rivalled by Freeview Play, Freesat, Sky and Virgin, who don’t have the full complement of apps, though.

With the PSBs still being a big thing, further streaming services coming on line aren’t going to bring down Sky; all they will do is fragment the existing streaming services by nibbling a few things away from each and wanting us to pay more money.

A straw in the wind was when The Bureau, which we had been watching on Amazon Prime, moved so that the third series was on Sundance, one of the satellite services that Amazon wanted an extra subscription for. We didn’t bite, so we lost out; and so did they.

But at the moment, we are in a golden age where we can pretty much get everything out there with just a few subscriptions, maybe three; soon, we will need seven, which we will decline to do, we will have to be selective again, and so the golden age will have come and gone.

Watch the torrents, currently practically non-existent, start coming back to life....

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

Torrents alive and well on a well known much maligned platform (K*d*) 😉

0 Thanks