cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tilley50
Advocate

Help setting up account

I am trying to set up my black now tv box, I have entered all the details to set up an accountand it came back stating error.  I didnt enter a code all I put in was my name, address, email, password and bank details, what have I done wrong

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
12 Replies
PhilStation
Expert

Re: Help setting up account

What error message is the box displaying?

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
tilley50
Advocate

It just says sorry there has been an issue with your sign up.  I put in my wrong card details first of all so I tried to set up another account with my correct card

0 Thanks
tilley50
Advocate

Sorry the solution is not solved, I am stuck 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@PhilStation

Just to say that I think your aviator photo of Brian the dog is cool.Smiley Happy

Guessing like me you are a Family Guy fan, I think Brian and Stewie make a good double act.

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@tilley50 wrote:

It just says sorry there has been an issue with your sign up.  I put in my wrong card details first of all so I tried to set up another account with my correct card

@tilley50

Quick question when you updated your card details, did you still use the same username & password ?

You could also try power the box down at the mains, give it a minute then power the box back on again. 

0 Thanks
tilley50
Advocate

I used a different user name but used the same password.  Can I cancel all the details I have used and start again

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@tilley50

If you did change your NowTV username and password when you added the correct credit/debit card details to your NowTV account.

Then you will have to do a hard factory reset on the back of the box (see link page below) and when the box does it's initial setup make sure your input the new username & password to the box when asked in the setup screen menu.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Hard-Reset-NOW-TV-Box

0 Thanks
tilley50
Advocate

Itried setting up an account without the black box connected to the tv is there where I have gone wrong. Should I try again with the box connected to the tv

0 Thanks
tilley50
Advocate

Ok will try this in a little while and will let you know if I am successful

0 Thanks