cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madamtoffee
Contributor 1

Re: Price increase for monthly Cinema pass?

I was on a £5 a month offer and I can't remember the last time I watched a film, the quality of films added has been rubbish and I have just checked the future premieres and not even heard of them!

Just cancelled my pass, no way would I pay £11.99,  I can get films, entertainment and films on Netflix for £7.99  a month!

0 Thanks
rangers093
First Poster

Just completed a NowTV survey about possible future features. It seems like they're thinking about charging and extra £3 a month for 1080p and 5.1 surround sound. Surely these things should be "free" in 2019! Plus they seemed to be considering charging another £2 a month not to have advertising with on demand movies.

Sounds like an April Fool's joke, only it's June!
0 Thanks
gavs82008
Advocate 2

@rangers093 

You seem to be forgetting that Now TV is owned by Sky. 

Sky charge £5 for HD channels on top of their basic package. So Now TV charging a fee for 1080p is in no way a surprise to me. 

It is just years overdue to bring the 1080p feature to Now TV. 

Champcar59
Contributor 5

Just completed a NowTV survey about possible future features. It seems like they're thinking about charging and extra £3 a month for 1080p and 5.1 surround sound. Surely these things should be "free" in 2019! Plus they seemed to be considering charging another £2 a month not to have advertising with on demand movies.

Sounds like an April Fool's joke, only it's June!

No such thing as a free lunch same goes for all the Netflix fans they have just announced a price increase as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48718725

This is just the usual yearly price hike Virgin , BT ,Sky & Netflix have all announced they will be doing it.

However I do agree it is ridiculous that in 2019 subscribers are expected to pay extra for HD it was different when HD was the next big thing but that time has passed now 4K is the big hit god help us if 8K ever gets launched.

But the only way to get Tv companies to stop extra payment for HD is to get all the people who currently pay it to stop.

0 Thanks