cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paula29
Mentor

NOW CINEMA

I have a now TV cinema subscription but, everything that comes up is sky cinema so can't be watched. How do you find Now cinema content please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paula29 

Forgot to mention you can also watch live movies by clicking on the TV Guide symbol on the bottom of the Mobile NOW App home screen, then from the option box top left select Movies instead of the default TV Shows.

Here's a screen shot of live Sky Cinema movies from my Android tablet which should be similar to the NOW App on a phone.

The majority of people will watch movies on Demand rather than live, but the option is there anyway in case there is a live movie you want to watch on the 11 number live Sky Cinema channels  included with your NOW Cinema Membership.

Screenshot_20230605-161000_NOW.jpg

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paula29 

Sky Cinema is a NOW Cinema Membership.

Have a read of this this 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cinema-membership 

What playback devices are you using and have you gone into the NOW App gear wheel icon and made sure you are logged in with your NOW account login credentials.

Also if using a VPN or trying to watch outside the UK (assuming you are a NOW UK customer) could also flag up a message that you need a Membership.

Paula29
Mentor

Hello and thank you.  I'm using a mobile phone to watch but it doesn't give the  option to watch anything.  I'm in the UK.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paula29 

What I would try is to delete the NOW App, then go to your phone Apps Store and download a new fresh version of the NOW App.

Then power down the phone fully (give it two minutes) then switch the power back on the phone.

Then open the NOW App and click on the gear wheel icon top right on the NOW App and sign in with the NOW account login details that you purchased the NOW Cinema Membership on.

If you are greeted with a QR Scan code when opening up the NOW App for the first time click on it to close / remove it, then click on the gear wheel icon to enable you to enter your existing NOW login details with the NOW Cinema Membership that you have.

Once successfully signed into the new NOW App on your phone click on Movies from top line of the App screen (same top line has the gear wheel icon).

Paula29
Mentor

Thank you. Do you have to download the movies to watch them? The only options I'm getting are add to playlist and download. I've tried what you've suggested and still it's the same.

Paula29
Mentor

You know what's strange? I have another account. I have no subscriptions on it, at all. However,  I've just established that I can watch movies on that account.  How can I watch on an account with no subscription, but not watch on an account that has a subscription?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paula29 

That is strange if true (I have no idea).

Perhaps get in touch with NOW live chat if you are going around in circles.

Paula29
Mentor

Thanks I was but he's not accepting what I'm telling him, keeps asking me to open a tab and log into blah blah til finally I got cut off

Never mind, thanks for your help. At least I know I can now watch movies on my old account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paula29 

Sounds like you was clicking on the "Get help quicker button" which is just a chat bot (unless you was cut off by the live chat person).

Assuming you are billed directly by NOW and not a third party such has BTTV, Amazon etc, then click on the green chat online button from this link page below to contact NOW live chat.

I am totally baffled that you can watch NOW movies on an account with no active Membership or billing showing on it, but you can't with the other account that is showing an active NOW Cinema Membership.

Where I am assuming you are logged in on the NOW App on your phone with the correct login details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paula29 

Most people will usually stream the NOW movie via your internet connection from your playback device.

If you have a smartphone or tablet you can either stream or download.

Your NOW App on your Mobile phone should look something similar to this when connected to the internet.

This screenshot below is from the NOW App on my Android tablet by selecting the Movies section.

Screenshot_20230605-155358_NOW.jpg

Where screen shot 2 below is when I click on a particular movie picture thumbnail, then click inside the movie thumbnail on the play icon symbol to start watching it via a stream.

Also from this screenshot below I can either add to my Watchlist or because it's a Mobile device I can also download if I wish directly to my Android tablet.

I always tend to stream myself (I don't normally stream via my tablet where I am more old school and stream through my TV) but the screenshots are just examples on what you should be seeing on your Mobile device directly on the NOW App you have downloaded from your phone Apps Store.

Screenshot_20230605-155445_NOW.jpg