cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Disney Movies disappearing at the end of 2020?

Noted a few movies like Nemo, Dumbo and Tarzan are leaving at end of year, so is that it for Sky Disney Cinema?  Or will they be replaced ?

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz 

That is incorrect, the UK will forever remain in the continent of Europe. It is only leaving the European Union in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_in_Europe#Sovereign...

We all know that Russia and Norway are not in the EU but are indeed part of the continent Europe.

Having chatted with a Disney+ advisor on the app they confirmed that Star is indeed launching in the UK on the 23rd at a "bundled" launch price of £69.99. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz @Anonymous User 

Just to follow-up with more details on STAR

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/more-details-on-mature-content-coming-to-disney-in-europe-australia-new-zealand-canada/

Pricing for Disney+ as of February 23, 2021:

• Canada: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
  • Australia: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
  • New Zealand: $12.99/month or $129.99/annual
  • UK: £7.99/month or £79.90/annual
  • Euro: 8.99/month or 89.90/annual
  • Norway: 89.00kr/month or 890.00kr/annual
  • Denmark: 79.00kr/month or 790.00kr/annual
  • Sweden: 89.00 kr/month or 890.00 kr/annual
  • Switzerland: CHF12.90/month or CHF129.00/annual
  • Singapore: $11.98/month or $119.98/annual

Adding Star as the sixth pillar of Disney+ is a huge boost to the streaming service, with thousands of more episodes and hundreds of movies, including titles such as Marvel’s Logan and Deadpool, ABC shows such as Grey’s Anatomy, FX shows and many Hulu Originals.  There will also be 20th Century Studios movies such as Die Hard, Aliens, Kingsman and much more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I did hear about Star launching in February sooner than I expected and willing to pay the additional extra looks like what I said about Disney going full steam ahead on Streaming is going ahead in the future.

They have announced a lot of new content last night as well good mix of adult and kids tv series and films coming to disney+ over next 1-2 years starting with wandavision in january and falcon in march. The Percy Jackson TV show interests me and the animated night of the museum film.

Not sure if you have seen but Sky Disney Cinema is officially closing down on December 30th as well though it has been a shadow of its former self for many months now. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Yeah it certainly looks like Disney+ Star will be a game changer. More so if they can retain the rights for the weekly shows such as 9-1-1 and Greys Anatomy, even better if it gets put onto Disney+ the following day from the US airing. 

Looking forward being able to watch a massive raft of "21st Century" films. Will be good to see Romancing the Stone/Jewel of the Nile on there as well as True Lies etc. 

Have noticed that a lot of the Disney content is expiring soon, however I personally haven't watched anything Disney on Now TV since Disney+ launched. With the added bonus of a VPN it unlocks extra content in the US and Australia to which isn't on here. 

Now the real question is when will Skys content deal with 21st Century come to a complete end?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Very much agree in terms of Fox deal but can't imagine it has a great deal longer to go Disney has nearly owned Fox for 2 years now. Can't imagine it was much longer then a 2-3 year agreement maybe it was 5 years but would be surprising as back then everyone assumed Fox would own Sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

One surprising thing is that futurama will still be tied to Sky when the Star launches would of expected that would of been part of Star. but maybe it is a similar to the one for simpsons on disney+