cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

content geo blocked error apple tv

Hi 

I live in Jersey (Channel Islands) and have been using Now tv through my Apple TV without any issues. However today for the first time everytime i try to access any of the Now Tv channels/TV programs i keep getting the following message:  

content geo blocked error (1301).

Can anyone help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Has your IP address changed? From what I understand, NOW TV is available outside the UK mainland in, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Scottish Islands and the Isle of Man... So you should be okay 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes there shouldnt be any issues in Jersey.

i don't believe my IP has changed (although couldn't tell you what it was before...).

i live on the side of the island closest to France and we occasionally get French mobile phone reception but my internet is provided via broadband so i dont believe that would make a difference.

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User

Have a look at http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup

This will bring up your IP number, click on Lookup ip address and it should tell you where it's coming from.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Jimmy

You should really check with your ISP, they're the ones who supply your IP address and they're the ones who would know if they've changed your IP address recently.

At a guess, I would say that if your IP has been changed, say from a UK address to a French one, your ISP would know, especially if they've been bought out/taken over by another company (which would have the same "changed IP" effect).

So rather than mess about doing your own investigating get onto your ISP's help desk.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks both. In the meantime I reset my router on the off chance and it appears to now be working. But will monitor my IP location as suggested and talk to them if happens again.