cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moroboshi
Expert

Re: New Apple TV App...

The current app is a joke. The user interface is beyond ugly, but that's just the start. There no "my list", no viewing history, no Siri voice search, and it does zero when placed on the top shelf (compare that to what Netflix does!). 

Abysmal, truly abysmal. 

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have now tv! It's going to be updated to the same level as other platforms so everyone stop being little whiny bitches and wait, there's more to life than complaining all the time. Forums really are full of idiots. It's frustrating to read. *sigh*

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

MrZippy
Expert 2

New Bug:

When an epsiode finishes it just sticks at a black screen unitl you press menu.

Nice to see it's well tested...

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MrZippy does it do this every time? Can you try a few different shows to see if it's just a specific one?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

I watched the two most recent episodes of modern family last night, both did it. I will probably watch something else tonight and report back.

Neil

MrZippy
Expert 2

I watched the two most recent episodes of Modern Family last night, both did it. Pause didn't work so it wasn't blank footage.

Will try something else tonight and report back.

0 Thanks
samradford
Scholar

@Anonymous User I had the black screen after a show finished too when my girls were watching Peppa Pig.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MrZippy @samradford thanks for letting us know - I'll raise it with the technical team.

Tom

0 Thanks
samradford
Scholar

@Anonymous User Are you able to confirm if some of the bespoke to Apple TV 4 features (e.g. Siri/universal search) will be coming in due course? And will a My List and Recently watched feature be added? These seem pretty critical in order for the App to be truly useful.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@samradford we're rolling out new functionality to all of our apps as and when we can. I don't know for certain that we will do, but I'd think it very likely that we will. I can't offer a timescale on when though.

Thanks,

Tom