cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

username and password for vdsl settings third party router

just connected my tp-link ac1200 router.

used http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc

entered lan mac of nowtv hub2 and selected sagem fast modem.

entered the ppp username and ppp password into tp-link sky vdsl mer option.

and now i have my own router fully working,

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot!! I will give it a try. 

Just wondering, which MAC did you use to generate? Did you use the MAC printed on the router label, or the LAN MAC in the management web page?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest i can not remember i think it was the lan mac.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This works, thanking you! 

For anyone else wondering it’s the MAC address in the system management settings. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the TP-Link W9980 which is very similar to your ac1200 but there is no option for Sky MER, just ADSL Sky/BB Smiley Sad

I've got my TP Link sat ontop of the NovTV Hub2 with it's wireless disabled, just seems like a waste of electricity when the W9980 should be able to do the job.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've got the TP-Link W9980 which is very similar to your ac1200 but there is no option for Sky MER, just ADSL Sky/BB Smiley Sad

I've got my TP Link sat ontop of the NovTV Hub2 with it's wireless disabled, just seems like a waste of electricity when the W9980 should be able to do the job.

Hiya Lostit2 did you resolve this I do not have sky mer on My  ASUS router either and would like to use it if possible.

Thanks

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello - where can I find the system management settings?

All I can see is a MAC number on the bottom of the NowTV router, is this not the right number?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI, I've just joined Now TV.  My router is just not as good as my previous BT Smart Hub.  Is there a better router I can use and is it easy to set up?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is just in case someone else trys to get their ADSL username and password from the site:

http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc

As of February 2019 (or perhaps earlier) it seems that the above 'password finder' doesn't give the right answer anymore.   The username is now in <MAC ADDRESS>@nowtv, and the password is only 8 characters.

The only way of retrieving it (that I could find) was by plugging my PC into port 1 of the device and running Wireshark to find the DHCP Discover packets (udp.port === 67) after a reboot.   If you look at the printable characters of the 'Client Identifier (61)' your username and password will be in there as 'xxxxxxxxxxx@nowtv|<password>'.

Took me a couple of hours to figure this out.   Hope this helps someone!

Steve

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just switched to NowTV Broadband 36Mbits/sec package and was surprised that it’s Sky under a different name, that the router/modem doesn’t work as a modem alone and that it’s a pain to set up your own equipment. Also NowTV/Sky refuse to support their Broadband in any way when using third party equipment.

However, after much research in the Internet it turned out to be quite easy

you need

(1) A modem that supports DHCP Option 21. I was using a Netgear D7000v2 and this worked perfectly using its setup wizard for Sky provider and:-

(2) the MAC address of the NowTV/Sky modem/router (on the Sky Q Modem I received it is on the card with the admin passwords)

(3) enter something like abcd@skydsl|abc123 in the DHCP Option 21 box in the admin of your own modem. (Some Modems require the DHCP Option 21  info as a user name and password so use abcd@skydsl as username and abc123 as password.)

The set up took a couple of minutes to connect but did so and returned 38.6 MBits connected to the master socket.

I hope this is helpful (although just repeating others’ posted information) and good luck to everyone try to sort out this headache.