cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscasey
Advocate

Re: Terrible Device Limit

I am currently working away from home and wanted to watch a show at the same time as my wife at home but I cant get access because i'm trying to access it from my laptop. I only normally use my phone to cast to the chromecast. Didnt even realise chromecast was classed as a device on this!! anyway if youd allow me to add another device then i'll be able to watch GOT on my laptop. Anyway there's only my phone, laptop her ipad and the chromecast that we use. There are 2 ios devices on there. No idea what they are.

0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@chriscasey  how is your wife trying to watch?  Is she now casting from a phone to the chromecast having deleted the laptop if you have taken the your phone with you?  You need to check with her how she is trying to watch.   You won't be allowed an extra device, however you may be allowed another change  obviously you don't want to cause problems for your wife.  so figure out together which device to remove and then contact chat to get their help freeing up a device.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@chriscasey apple = ios, so i am guessing that would be your ipad and possile your phone (if it's an iphone) or laptop (if its a mac)?

0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @chriscasey

I have allowed you a few additional changes for this month so you can add your device.

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Tacos
Advocate

I agree there are four members of the family that all want to watch at once and the fact that we cant is infuriating if the max amount of devices you can have if 4 why not make the max amount of streams 4 ?
Growlz
Advocate

@Tacos wrote:
I agree there are four members of the family that all want to watch at once and the fact that we cant is infuriating if the max amount of devices you can have if 4 why not make the max amount of streams 4 ?

Should this not at least be 2 streams per PASS?

As people could theoretically have 2 accounts for example with a entertainment pass on one and sky movies on the other and be able to watch 4 streams at the same time.

Why cant you make it that a single account can watch 2streams on each PASS?  

so your entitlement is the same as it would be spread accross 2 diffent accounts?

Maybe this would be an incentive to sign up for more passes for larger familys?

Suggestion by people on this forum to sign up for 2 accounts to get more than 2 streams is ridiculous when competitors offer this cheaper 

At the minute I have to admit that Netflix seems to offer alot more for less.

£10 per month now gets you Premium with 4 concurrent streams.

2 streams per Pass is my suggestion.       

:  )

0 Thanks
Wales2
Advocate

I would like to see more streams, 4 devices seems limited, I have family of 5 people (4 over 18) , would love to be able to all watch whatever we want given have high speed fibre. However the 2 stream limit seems silly. I would be happy to pay extra for each stream but hate the fact I can't watch sport when kids and Mrs are watching things. 😞 Any chance of sky reviewing?
0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Wales2 you might benefit from separating out passes to different accounts. Though make sure you have a payment pin on each.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
Redball
Scholar

I've just run into this stupid device limit myself.

Family of four here and have just got sky cinema at the moment and was considering the entertainment pass too, but not with this idiotic device limit.

We have a lounge Tv, kids playroom Tv, two kids bedroom tv's, master bedroom tv and cinema room.

Having a two stream limit is annoying but workable. The kids can watch a film each and after they have gone to bed we can watch something, but having to rule out two of the six tv's is just useless.

We don't have this problem with Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer etc.

It seems sky are just hell bent on doing everything they can to lose customers. No 4k on now Tv and a ridiculous 4 device limit in a world where families have multiple tv's and tablets to stream media to.

Unless this is changed I can't see me continuing past the trial/discounted period.
0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Redball are those smart TVs or are you using a Now box? If you are using a Now box just get a couple of extra hdmi leads and move the boxes. You can of course have different accounts for different passes so that you then have 4 devices per pass.

Contact Now...