cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel3
Advocate

Refund request

Hello, I'm writing this because I want to cancel my 6 month entertainment membership.
I canceled my membership through the NOW TV site, but I have to pay for the next 5 months.
However, I am currently an exchange student who stopped by the UK for a short time, and I do not have the ability to pay.
I think I made a mistake when I paid for the membership because I was not good at English.
I wanted to pay for an entertainment membership for a month only to watch a Euphoria drama.
I also didn't need a cinema membership, I don't know why but £9.99 cinema membership was paid together.

Could you cancel my six-month membership so that I don't pay next month?
And can I get a refund for the cinema membership?

Thank you so much for reading the email. I look forward to hearing from you.
Have a nice day 🙂
1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Cancel3 

Hi. Even people whose first language is English get caught out by this offer - not perhaps by the 6 month lock-in, but certainly by the added Cinema and Boost passes, which arrive via preticked boxes, a technique outlawed for gaining cookie consent, but used here to gain financial consent.

But when you say ‘you’ here, you aren’t talking to anyone from Now; we are all just customers here like you.

To talk to Now, your best bet is Live Chat. 

The following link, which leads you to direct contact with Now, is for when the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; you won’t.

Explain what has happened here, and hopefully they will sort you out with the cancellation and refunds.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.