cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Expert 3

Re: In program adverts, when did they start?

price has gone up, you can't get cheap vouchers anymore, you can't watch on as many devices, you have to pay extra if you don't want adverts and that price is going up too.

They still have eMail offers.  Currently paying £1/month for Entertainment for 2 months.  Will suffer the odd advert, though I have yet to see one.

0 Thanks
Pete117
Observer

Really annoyed at this introduction of ads. Already forked out for a roku stick after the white box stopped working. I don't want to pay an extra 5er for boost. I hate ads in the middle of a program, let alone a movie. I don't ever watch films on TV if on itv etc. 

Grrr. Cancelling as soon as my wife has finished Mayor of eastown. 

Geluk
Expert 2

0 Thanks
madamtoffee
Scholar

Well time to cancel, if I wanted adverts I would watch live tv and this is not a live tv service, imagine if Netflix and Amazon started doing this !!!

So the price increases and yet you are getting money from the adverts, glad to see you don't care about your customers !

starman73
Expert 3

….glad to see you don't care about your customers !

Now are a lot better than Virgin. On the whole, I have found Now to have pretty good customer service.  Not as good as Amazon, but pretty good.

Ultimately Now like all companies are trying to make a profit.  They seem to think adverts will raise revenue by the advertisers paying and members getting Boost offsetting the loss of members cancelling and getting Netflix, Disney +, BritBox and/or Prime.

For the hardened Sports subscriber like me this will mean they get an extra £2/month, but for the more casual subscriber who may get movies or entertainment I suspect they will be looking elsewhere unless they get a decent email/retention offer.

Will be interesting to see how things shake out in the next fortnight.  I think Now are making a massive mistake putting ads on before shows and reducing subscribers to a single stream, when the competition offer so much more for significantly less.

AdFreeLinux
Advocate

As this forum bleeped out the word:

Frankfurt, Harry G. On ######. PRINCETON; OXFORD: Princeton University Press, 2005. Accessed July 13, 2021. doi:10.2307/j.ctt7t4wr.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AdFreeLinux 

Don't want adverts? Then get Boost. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Ad-free streaming: Cinema and Entertainment Members can watch on-demand shows and movies without ads

The fact of the matter is Comcast is a US company who owns Sky therefor NOW. All they are doing is pushing their business model onto the Sky owned markets it owns. 
No doubt it’ll be pushed into Germany, Austria and Italy. 

Either way I’m paying £9 a month for my membership which consists of Boost, Entertainment and Cinema. Still night and day cheaper than full blown Sky. Which I made the switch from to NOW around 8 years ago. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
MorelloCherry
Mentor

So this a con.

I pay monthly subscriptions &, until recently, there have been no ads.

Then Boost is introduced with additional subscription costs & now there are ads on the basic subscription and, in order not to get adverts, we have to pay more.

Why?

Not sure it's worth it.

Doesn't Sky make enough money?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@MorelloCherry 

Sky is owned by Comcast which is a US company, all that is being done is NOW becoming similar to Peacock which is also owned by Comcast and they had adverts unless you fork out another $5. 

Comcast is simply pushing their business model onto the Sky markets it owns. So don't be shocked when this happens in Italy, Germany and Austria.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
MorelloCherry
Mentor

Thanks for the reply - just 'cos that's what always happens doesn't make it ok. 

Have been thinking that Now isn't as good as it used to be & now I know it isn't.