gilburton1
Occasional Poster

Re: Cancellation

That sorted it cheers.

0 Thanks
Ruby94
First Poster

I also cancelled back in August, but got charged on 25th September. I want a refund please.

Ruby

0 Thanks
Ayesha1
First Poster

I am having the same problem, I can open every tab other than the passes one!

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ayesha1

When you say you can't open the My Passes Tab are you getting the continuing loading page with the coloured spinning circles ?

If so, have you tried disabling your ab blocker and clearing cookies on your device, if that fails try using a different internet browser when going to the Now TV website when accessing My Account > My Passes.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Ruby94,

For security reasons, all issues related to your NOW TV 'account' are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s).

Provided you still have the cancellation email, claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

If you don't have a confirmation email, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You'll find it easier to contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

AP81
First Poster

Funny that! I'm having exactly the same issue everytime I select 'my passes' i'm being direted to the sign up page and being asked for my bank account details - this has been going on for aaaages!

Obviously they have this info - I'm being charged once a month..

I'm calling the bank and cancelling my DD.

Bored of NowTV's nonsense!

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@AP81

Welcome to the forum. Being asked to sign up again when you login usually means you're trying the wrong username and password, and your active pass will be on a different username. 

Try logging in with any other accounts you've set up (check the My Account screen of the NOW TV app on any devices you use to watch on to see what your username is, or check any emails you've received and use that email address as your username).

When you're logged in with the right account, you'll be able to go to http://account.nowtv.com/passes to cancel.

The following help page gives some more advice on finding other accounts you might have

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

and if you are still stuck after that, have a word with live chat who will help you find the right account. You'll find live chat on the following page.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/cancelled-now-tv-but-still-being-charged

VivOwen67
Occasional Poster

Pass Cancellation - Not as simple a contract as it seems!!! Where is the confirmation email!!!

Well nothing short of being livid at what was supposed to be an easy contract taken out on the"as and when needed" Is this not what the advert suggests??? Well I took advantage of the British & Irish Lions tour this Summer 2017 and took out a Sports pass to watch the series. I inadvertantly forgot to cancel after the first initial month to take out a weeks pass seeing the tour only lasted 5 weeks. I therefore got charged for another full month!! Fair enough, my fault for not canceling before the renewal date!! Sure enough, I went to manage My Passes and cancelled avoiding all the lures of are you sure and we can give you 2 months for the price for one offers etc.. Got a notification to say it was cancelled on the Sports Pass and had until early August to continue viewing. Nothing else of interest to watch and that was the end of that. I do not recall seeing an email from them to say I had done this!!! .. To my horror, 3 months have paseed and checked my bank statement recently to see that they have taken out £33.99 for the last 3 months!!! I had to go back to manage my passes only to cancel again seeing it was still showing as live!! I know I cancelled it absolutely 100%....

Trying to sort out via a chat box Agent which was a horrendus patrionising experience only to be told they would only offer a partial refund. Not a happy camper and will be taken the matter further. What absolutely go to me about this whole experience was that the first port of call from the Agent was to ask me for the proof of cancellation email they send out to you when you cancel your pass. Funny, I thought the red cancel on my pass saying cancelled and end viewing date would suffice!! Well the irony of this whole matter was that having to cancel it again and go throught the same process, guess what, no email confirmation and as of 3 hours since canceling, no cancelation email in sight!! Not in my inbox, junk you name it, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY CONFIRMATION. I suspect I did not in the first place!! Trust me,  I have all my emails from way beyond and no cancelation email !!!! So in these situations, how can you prove you have actually cancelled you Passes as even your messages in your NowTV account dont have this information either??  Well I would go as far this is nothing short of a scam!!! Happy to continue taking the money out of your account and only offer a part refund when you find the error and complain!!!!! If you cancel you Passes and receive no email, go back to them and get proof!! You have no recourse in this event and mearly a case of your word against theirs and the T&C's shoved down your throat about no refiunds after 28days!!! Social Media willl  be having a field day if I see any reference to NowTV!!!!!. I will revert if I get any further clariifcation on this matter!!

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 3

Re: Pass Cancellation - Not as simple a contract as it seems!!! Where is the confirmation email!!!

@VivOwen67

Hi Viv

I would suggest to everyone that use this forum, whenever you add or cancel a pass, make an order and/or any account related activity then take and keep a screen print, that way you have unimpeachable proof of any and all of your activities.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
c-j
Occasional Poster

Re: Pass Cancellation - Not as simple a contract as it seems!!! Where is the confirmation email!!!

I have been trying to cancel - my voucher expired and fortunately debit card not updated but the Send Message does not work and no other way to contact other than holding on to wait for live chat.

Crap.

Sent emails but no response from customer services - no idea if email was even correct but shockingly bad communications methods available.

0 Thanks