cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEARDSWORTH
Mentor

Broadband & Calls

I am due to be charged the sum of £45.75 (Wed 23rd Aug) for telephone calls that I know I did not make because I solely use my Now TV account for Broadband and not telephone calls of any kind. Now TV tell me I must telephone: 17070 in order to reverse this upcoming bill.

I am unable to access a landline and I made this clear to the Now TV operators but they are not suggesting any further solutions and are saying I must pay the sum of £45.75, with this in mind I was hoping good people on this forum could advise me.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BEARDSWORTH 

Is this charge showing on your online account under My Payments or was you contacted by email or by phone? 

BEARDSWORTH
Mentor

This sum of £45.75 is showing under payments on my account

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BEARDSWORTH 

Phoning 17070 is a BT line test, so I am confused why the NOW TV Staff Member asked you to ring this number to reverse this bill.

Or perhaps I am missing something.

Hopefully other forum members will have a better idea than me on how phoning 17070 helps your situation with your phone bill that you are in dispute with.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BEARDSWORTH 

Did a quick search on what telephone number 17070 is used for and one of the things it can check is the assigned telephone number on the telephone line.

Not sure if the NOW staff member was asking you to do this to see if there was a crossed telephone line or for some other reason.

Not to confuse matters more on my side, I will leave this for more knowledgeable forum members on the Community, who may be able to help out more than me when it comes to Broadband and telephone related issues.

Hope you get it resolved.

Jayach
Elite 3

I've no idea how you would get it reversed, other than by raising a complaint.

How to make a complaint (nowtv.com)

However the numbers supposedly called should be recorded in your account, I wonder if knowing them will help?

When I've heard of this happening to other people it is sometimes Openreach engineers testing the lines.

It shouldn't happen, but there seem to be a lot of "less experienced" engineers on the copper side.

BEARDSWORTH
Mentor

I have been refunded the relevant sum.