cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You should be able to change the postcode directly from the ITV hub app without the need to delete and reinstall.

Open up the app and then press the star button on your remote to go to the Settings screen. Choose the Location option and you should be able to change your postcode to an English one there.

BicBasher
Elite

Any postcode in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Dumfries & Galloway and the Scottish Borders will work with the ITV Hub.  It's all to do with only providing the service to those who receive ITV or UTV which is now part of ITV instead of STV.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in Hamilton in Scotland and have just changed my postcode on the ITV Hub as above to DG1 1BS and I'm getting all ITV programmes now - thank you so much  BicBasher xx

Legend 5
Legend 5
@wiggly100 the app has nothing to do with your account. You can delete and readd it. Then use any English postcode
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

My name is Eddie and was wondering when we go to NowTV Best of Catch up and you can view your apps.

I go to the ITV app and for us scrolling across you see 11 shows for exaample "Victoria".

We want to watch that show but when we click on it it goes to the ITV page/hub and we cant find that show or any of the other shows that are previewed in the list of 11?

This really frustrating and doesnt make sense?

What are we doing wrong?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Sadly, the ITV Hub app doesn't have 'deep linking' to the shows in the Best of Catch Up section on the Now TV box (this is a fault with ITV's app rather than the Now TV box).

If you click on any ITV show, it will just go to the front page of the ITV Hub app.

However, Victoria etc should still be available in the app.  Victoria should be in the 'Featured' section in the top row of the ITV app.  Or scroll down to the 'A-Z' section and across to 'V'.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Done that it doesn't show anywhere nor does coronation street so what's the
point in showing those as previews?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you live in Scotland or NI then ITV shows don't show up in the app if you've used your own postcode. Open up the ITV Hub app then click the * button on remote to go to Settings. Go to the Location setting section and put in any England postcode and you should then see all ITV shows.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also worth bearing in mind when you do find the show you want, you'll only see the latest episode of a show on the ITV Hub app on your box. To see more episodes you need to start playing the current episode, wait until the ads have finished and the programe itself starts, then press the pause button on the remote. You will then be able to select the option to view all episodes to get to the rest of the episodes that are available.

Again this is down to poor app design by ITV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
thanks for this it worked a treat