cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is *some* content older than 2 days, but the earliest I've found is Britain's got more talent from ITV2 last Saturday.

As the Android app has access to 30 days, I'm guessing someone at ITV hasn't noticed that the list is an abbreviated one.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is content older than 2 days in the A-Z.  But in the Guide section, ITV & ITV3 have today and yesterday.  ITV2 & CITV go back to June 8th (but miss out 9th & 10th).  ITV4 goes back to the 11th.

Hopefully this will be fixed and there will be full 30-day catch-up soon.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I complained to ITV about the lack of 30-day catchup and got this reply:

Dear Daryl

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the ITV Player on Now TV.

I can confirm that all support for Now TV catch up service is provided from the link below;

http://help.nowtv.com

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Did I resolve your enquiry? Please take a few moments to rate my response and click on the link below.

Kind Regards

Stuart

ITV Customer Support

Now TV tell me to contact ITV.  ITV tell me to contact Now TV.  I get the feeling that someone in ITV Customer Support enjoys the works of Kafka...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

30 day catch up is not going to apply to all content.

It does not apply to the current Version on PS3 either... There is content thats shown on sunday the 15th which only lasts only 7days but there is content thats 30 days...  theres an episode of lewis thats only licensed for 15 more days yet broadcast on sunday the 15th of june 2014...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

30 day catch up is not going to apply to all content.

Of course not, but it still doesn't explain why you can only watch one episode of Corrie through the app, whilst it's 30 days on every other platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks herman105.  After playing about with it I just found that solution myself.

It's completely counter-intuitive.  It didn't occur to me that it would be impossible to navigate directly to an episode.  And having to watch a set of ads before being able to even select the episode I want takes the biscuit!

The ITV Player app for Now TV is astonishingly badly designed for accessing older content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
When will I get itv on my box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

dontworrybehapp, we could all have it today but Sky are rolling out the new firmware updates as slow as possible so we wont