cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark31
Mentor

Discovery+ app via NowTV

Hello, I am trying to login to the Discovery+ app via my NowTv stick and keep getting error 400. 

Can anyone provide any suggestions? 

The nowtv stick is model 3801.

My Disovery+ login is correct, as I am able to login directly to the Discovery+ app on my phone. 

Grateful for any suggestions re error 400 when trying to login to Discovery+ via NowTV.

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hwaller

Hi @Mark31 , I’ve got the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it?

thanks 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mark31 

Haven't used a NOW Stick in a while, but have you tried removing the Discovery Plus App from the My Apps section and then go to the the Stick Apps Store and re add the Discovery Plus App again? 

Also try a forced software update on the Stick even if on the same version number by clicking Home button 5 times on the remote, then quickly press the FF button 3 times, then RW button 2 times to access the hidden menu to force an update.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mark31 

Also maybe try a reboot of the power on your NOW Stick and Router.

Mark31
Mentor

Thank you for your help Schnapps. Unfortunately, I have tried all the above and still no luck. Seems to be an issue with NowTV and the Discovery+ app. My NowTv stick is on the list of supported options for D+. 
I’d be interested to know if anyone else has successfully accessed the D+ app via Nowtv and managed to login on. 
Cheers, Mark 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark31 

You could try a factory reset to the stick, which is extreme but it might help kick it into gear again.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mark31 @gavs82008 

But don’t do one of those unless you have a running Now membership, or you may find it’s not straightforward to get back in!!!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Mark31
Mentor

Thanks Roy

Mark31
Mentor

Ok, thank you. Likely I’ll need to try this option. I have tried the suggestions above and luck. 
Thank you

Mark

Hwaller

Hi @Mark31 , I’ve got the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it?

thanks 

Mark31
Mentor

Hi Hwaller,

No luck as yet. I have tried the above (except for the factory reset).

Surely there is glitch here that must be impacting many of us? 

Thanks,

Mark