cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box

i have a virgin cable, can i use that to connect to the now tv smart box to get the 60 free channels??

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Freeview channels need an aerial - I personally use an internal one. Channels can't be obtained using internet

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @Anonymous User has mentioned, you would need an old fashioned aerial to pick up the Freeview channels, this can either be external or an internal aerial, Like @Anonymous User I use an internal aerial that I got from the high street.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

i have a virgin cable, can i use that to connect to the now tv smart box to get the 60 free channels??

Yes if you put an aerial on the end of it.  I had an additional V HD box in my room that was costing £6.50/month.  I unplugged it and got a standard aerial attachement and had the other end hooked up to the outside aerial.  You won't be able to use virgin anymore, but given you get all the sports movies and sky atlantic which they don't have you probably won't miss it.

In the old world of analog you used to get the bog standard 5 channels via the cable, but that disappeared with DTT.