cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV issues

I bought a new NowTV stick as the unit i had was an old one. Setting it up yesterday it worked perfectly. Last night and this morning the sound won't work. If the sound works the picture is blurred. Feeling like i've wasted £10 especially since my old unit worked perfectly and I had little or no issues with it. Trying to get in touch with NowTV for a refund is impossible 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go into the NowTV Stick Settings under Network > About what is the WiFI Reception showing on the Stick ?

Sometimes a reboot of the Router and Stick improves things.

Should the WiFi reception be poor, then maybe try a different WiFi channel on your Router and if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi frequencies.

If you have a HDMI extender fly lead lying around the Home, try that also with the NowTV Stick, which will move the Stick away from the TV casing and in theory might improve the WiFi reception.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go into the NowTV Stick Settings under Network > About what is the WiFI Reception showing on the Stick ?

Sometimes a reboot of the Router and Stick improves things.

Should the WiFi reception be poor, then maybe try a different WiFi channel on your Router and if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi frequencies.

If you have a HDMI extender fly lead lying around the Home, try that also with the NowTV Stick, which will move the Stick away from the TV casing and in theory might improve the WiFi reception.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi is excellent, the picture is OK now but still no sound

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your television if you are getting no sound only a picture ?

Also if you are using an external HDMI switch box, by pass it and plug the Stick directly into the television.

Another thing you could try is go into the Stick menu Settings and under Audio try Stereo.

Should you be using a NowTV Boost Pass then go into the Stick Audio Settings and play around with the different Sound options (Apart from Stereo only Dolby Digital works with my Soundbar).