cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arsenal24

Subscribed to Sky Sports via Virgin Media

I am subscribed to Sky Sports via Virgin Media, is it possible to watch Sky Sports on Now TV. Is there any other way I can watch sky sports on the TV, I’m only able to watch it on my phone and when asked for login details I use my virgin media ID. 

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Arsenal24 

You don’t use NOW for Sky Sports through Virgin. You’re thinking of Virgin GO?
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app

Though you can’t download to a Amazon stick etc, you might be able to cast?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Arsenal24

@gavs82008 thanks for your prompt response, I’m aware of virgin media go which I use. I forgot to mention I am trying to watch on my smart tv that isn’t connected to my VM TV box. 

RoyB
Legend

@Arsenal24 

I don’t understand (not a rarity 😢).

You have Sky Sports via Virgin Media, but you don’t have a TiVo, TV360 or Stream box with your subscription that you can plug into your TV?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Arsenal24

@RoyB 

thanks for your prompt response, I am trying to watch on my smart tv that isn’t connected to my VM TV box. 

RoyB
Legend

@Arsenal24 

Virgin Media are very cagey about their prices if you can’t get their service in your postcode, and finding a postcode I can use seems to be unsuccessful. Apparently Virgin’s own Head Offices can’t get their broadband 😛

But it looks like Sky Sports adds £31 to the Bigger Combo bundle, though it comes with a bit faster speed, and ‘Phone’ (whatever that means)  instead of Weekend Calls.

So you might want to look at dropping it from Virgin and taking it up with Now, especially if you can get an offer, or play the Cancel game.

Might be a bit more, might not, but at least you can watch it on your TV of choice. Even a non-smart TV,  if you get a £30 Roku Express.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

NOW has nothing to do with Sky or Virgin Media, and if you want to watch Sky Sports via NOW, then you will need a NOW account and NOW Sky Sports subscription. 

RoyB
Legend

@PaulNormanUK 

Actually, Now is a subsidiary of Sky.

Without puppetmaster Sky controlling the strings, Now would be in an untidy heap on the floor 😛

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

@RoyB wrote:

@PaulNormanUK 

Actually, Now is a subsidiary of Sky.

I know this already, it's irrelevant, and I didn't mention it because it would likely cause confusion for the OP. Now is run as a separate entity and has nothing to do with Sky TV subs. No different to SMARTY being owned and run by the THREE network or Talk Mobile being owned and run by Vodafone.  

RoyB
Legend

@PaulNormanUK 

Ah. I know the sense in which you posted that, but I thought what you said, unqualified, would be the more confusing statement than explaining the link between them 😢