cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Cabin Fever

Hi Forum Members

Cabin fever, Corona and the Internet are causing me to impulse buy, buying without any research, any real rhyme or reason, just a tingling in the back of (what passes for) my brain.

By the time this is all over I'm more than likely will be bankrupt, still jamming to some "feel good" sounds and so that makes it's OK, for now.

Rambling Bob

25 REPLIES 25
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I dropped Supergirl last season as it just got so boring being all political and I finally dropped The Flash when it was on break this year. I will probably finish it when the season has ended though.

I finally decided to give Batwoman a try, and I was actually surprised that I liked it. What happened there, eh? 😂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 

You know Casey

From what I've read about Batwoman, her show is far more political than Supergirl's and BW is the only super hero that has not done or does not do any form training, and she HAS no actual super powers.

I'm gonna see if I can catch it on All4 and see if I can make up my own mind on this show but I will keep an open view on this and get back to you.

Right now, listening to Craig David - Fill Me In (Full Crew Remix). Was listening to Savage Garden couple of days ago, I heard the guys had split up, a pity if it's true.

Anyway, catch you later

(Still) Rambling Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 @ukbobboy 

Just to gatecrash your chit-chat...... must admit that I'm also looking forward to watching the Harley Quinn animated show on E4, I just hope it does well in the ratings and E4 treat it right and don't pull it straight off the schedules like they did with that Maxxx thing that was on recently......E4 get less and less reliable with new stuff.

I'm still enjoying all my Arrowverse shows and that does include Batwoman, so no chance of me giving up on anything, once I've started on something it's my mission to keep watching until the bitter end!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It looks great doesn't it? Fingers crossed they don't but I doubt they will for this. People have been bugging them for ages for a date so they know they would kick off it they did that. 😂

Not me. When a show starts to bore me I have to either leave it for a while and have a breather (like I am doing with Flash) or drop it entirely. 

Batwoman has really surprised me! It has certainly come far from that trailer.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 

I've got no real back story with Harley Quinn from any movies as such, as I'm not really a movie person, but this show just looks really good, so I'm looking forward to it.  Thursday night E4 (after some door-step clapping) with Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Harley Quinn should be a treat!!!!!

Yes, Batwoman has surprised me too, I must have given too much weight to the reviews before I saw it myself.

Also, I've heard that season 8 of Wentworth Prison has been filmed and completed and back on Aussie TV in June, hopefully 5Star will do us right and show it soon after......if they still have it???

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Channel 5 keep promoting it on Twitter, so I think it is safe to say 5Star have it. We never have to wait too long for them to show it.😍

The poor US have to wait months for Netflix to drop it as a box set. (I think).

Thursday nights are gonna be great! Young Sheldon, Brooklyn Nine Nine, with Rick and Morty returning and Harley Quinn premiering! 😍 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 

Good to hear that C5 Twitter is plugging a bit of Wentworth, so hopefully that pretty much does mean they'll be showing it😁😁

I do like a bit of Gaga's latest Stupid Love, played the YouTube vid a bit too much.....and to think BBC Radio one and two didn't want to play it at first😠😠

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User 'tis a catchy tune! 😂
I'm not a huge Gaga fan but this has really grown on me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 

Yes, I should quantify, I'm also not a huge Gaga fan......as you say, it's just a catchy tune!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Talking about Lady Gaga, I can say that I don't know any of her songs and or anything that really stands out about her, apart from some of her videos and I've soon forgotten those.

Unfortunately, only some of the older songs and artists have any kind of resonance with me, probably because I don't hear any of the newer stuff. Still, if I hear something I like, whether modern or from the past, I will buy it. And I believe my current selection of music is quite diverse and the only genres I tend not to like, honestly can't stand, is Country, Grime, Hill Billy, Electronic, Metal, Heavy Rock and anything that screeches or is overly noisy.  However, you will find elements of the genres I hate in some of my most treasured albums.

And what's worse, I can't say that I am a fan of any current single artist or group but I will buy whatever music of the moment I hear and like, e.g. Savage Garden

Moving on, I tried watching Batwoman last night, at about 10.00pm, and I got about a third of the way through and stopped, I just could not watch anymore (not sure why).  So, I went on to watch Chicago PD and Chicago Fire, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  

However, I then went on to watch Gangs of London, which I found gritty, brutal, extra violent, take no prisoners, no mercy asked for and none given.  After I got over my initial shock, I went on to watch 2.5 episodes, which I will continue with later on.

As for the problem with my watch list,  I think it's a technical problem with Now TV's web-site because whenever I try to add a new program to my list (Add to My TV), whether I use my PC or Roku 3, I get an error message, i.e. "Sorry, we have been unable to add this item to the watchlist".

Anyway guys, later.

Rambling Bob