Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Will Only Play A Single Episode / Movie

I have two Now TV boxes:

1. A NowTV Box (black)

2. A NowTV Smart Box

I can browse to and play a single episode or movie but, upon completion of the episode/movie, if I select another episode it will not play. To workaround this issue, I can hit the home button on the remote and then I can watch another episode.

The problem occurs on both the boxes.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see this morning that @Anonymous User is online.

Good morning Eddie, can you pass this one up to the "Tech Team", please as it has been an ongoing problem for months now and after the hard work that's been done by @Anonymous User it would be a shame not to take notice of it.

Many thanks in advance and all the best. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay there has been alot of changes here at Now TV over the past few weeks and were just bout finding our footing with the Community.

So as i understand the issue and can flag it with the tech Teams. Is it that if you and others finish a new Episode/Movie and go then to directly watch another (Via suggestions) or going to the main menu then play a new one?

The program will not play?

What is it happens does there be a blank screen or does it freeze?

As much information about the issue possible would help alot so i can give the relavent teams all the inforamtion available to try and get a Quick Fix if possible.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User , Thanks for getting back to us and a very happy New Year to you. Smiley Happy

If you look at this thread and the thread under "Now TV Box (Black)":

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Device-Issue-reboot-after-each-show-film/m-p/411617#U411617

You will see that a lot of people are having this problem, funnily enough, I am not but for months now have been trying to get to the bottom of it with @Lindzi who would be able to explain the problem much better than me.

As far as I understand it, when watching a "Boxset" and the "Watch Now/Maybe later" pop up appears at the end of one episode to allow you to go straight to the next, pressing "Watch Now" just brings up the rotating coloured "Loading" circles and that's it. The viewer then has to go back to the "Home Page", back into the "NowTV App", find the series and then find the next programme in that series, manually.  Only then can it be watched.

This has got worse in recent weeks, to the point where if the viewer finishes any programme or film and wants to watch another, they cannot go straight to it but have to go back to the "Home Page" and start again. 

We have been scratching our heads over this for months and there are other threads on the subject, @Jason-C has passed it to the "Tech Team" twice but we've heard nothing back. 

It was a train of thought that this was affecting folk who have the "Virgin Hub" but nothing was proved until some great work by @Anonymous User showed the problem appeared on that Virgin Hub but not on another router/hub.....As I say, the problem doesn't occur for me and I have long wondered if that is because I have the "Sky Hub".

I hope that @Lindzi and @Anonymous User come back as they will be able to explain things better and it is a problem that needs sorting as it's driving folk potty!!

Thanks for all your help, Eddie, it's much appreciated! Smiley Happy

All the best!

Lindzi
Elite 2

Oooh @Anonymous User that is helpful, thank you. I wonder what can be done to fix it so it works?

I am clueless about this kind of thing and don't understand how a virgin hub can affect the 'watch next episode' but it obviously does somehow.

I second @Anonymous User plea for some tech help

thanks again @Anonymous User with your experiment maybe we are getting somewhere

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User has explained it perfectly, if I want to watch the next episode of a box set and select 'watch now' I usually get the colour circles although sometimes a blank screen. If I do not select anything and wait for the list of episode thumbnails I cannot select the next ep - it just does nothing.

I (along with others who have this issue) am using a virgin hub.

This has been going on for months and was supposed to have been referred to tech weeks ago.

If you look at other threads on this issue some have it worse than me in that they can only watch one episode or one movie, and to watch anything else they need to go back to the home screen and reopen the nowtv app

We would be grateful if you could come back and provide us with any updates, as you get them, as we have been promised that it will be looked into previously and then we just get forgotten about.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @Anonymous User

Just to add to @Lindzi 's post.....As far as I know, this is happening both on the Black Box and the Smart Box and Lindzi has even tried the "Samsung App" on her telly, which also shows the problem.

Thanks again for your time and all the best for the New Year.

P.S. I haven't forgotten you @Lindzi ...Happy New Year! Smiley Wink

Edit:  We were posting at the same time Lindzi, so you beat me to it!! Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Lindzi,

Thanks for the information seems to be alot off issues lately with customer on Virgin media i am wondering if Virgin has made changes to there HUB settings that may have affected these. I recently got the HUB 3.0 so i wonder do you also have the same HUB?

Thanks

Eddie

Lindzi
Elite 2

Ps @Anonymous User I have the black NowTV box, not smart, so problem seems to affect both boxes
Lindzi
Elite 2

Ooh I forgot about the samsung app @Anonymous User , thanks

Happy New Year to you and thanks for staying in the 'continue watching ' fight 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

I have an older black hub...no idea what version though. Someone on another thread discussing this problem said they had the black virgin hub too.