cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • What's the make and model number of your projector?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hiya
thanks for contacting me - I have recently purchased a black box now tv
unit with the 3 month entertainment package and can confirm that the unit
does work as i have tested it with my TV.

The issue is that we have set up an epson projector in our garden room,
which we show DVD's through, however we wanted to be able to watch iPlayer
etc on the big screen so chose Now Tv as the best option, however the
projector is analog as opposed to digital, so in order to show content I
purchased a HDMI to VGA converter. Everything seemed to work properly and
was able to set up the now tv box using the projector, however when we
selected an app say BBC iPlayer none of the programmes would show on
screen. We heard sound ok but the screen displayed the purple screen iro of
the HDCP protocols.

I understand that the projector is not hdmi compliant but its not that I am
attempting anything illegal just to show content on a big screen.

Hope this better describes my problem
Cheers
Gary

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Unfortunately because your projector does not have an HDMI input port it does support HDCP, which is a mandatory requirement for viewing NOW TV content in high-definition.

Edit: Sufficed to say, nobody here on the forum is permitted to discuss how to circumvent any form of copyright protection.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A now TV black box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a Now TV black Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A now TV black box.  I am getting the HDCP unauthorised content disabled purple screen.

No sound, I cannot use the remote control to access the home page or any apps.  The screen is frozen

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you removed the HDMI lead from the back of the TV and put it back in?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SI have bought a week's pass and after one day am getting the HDCP unauthorised content disabled purple screen, no sound.  The remote doesn't work to take it off this screen.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can of course use the Now app on a laptop and use the projector as your monitor.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User you can of course use the Now app on a laptop and use the projector as your monitor.

Hi @4268,

According to this post submitted by @commanda6 and confirmed by @Anonymous User, even when the 'app' is installed on a Windows PC, it still requires HDCP compliance to work properly when connected to an external display device 😉

Cheers