cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box in reboot loop

I purchased a black Now TV box in April. It's occasionally become unresponsive, but switching it off at the mains has always fixed it. Today, I went to switch it on and found that it's stuck in a loop of starting up, trying to connect, and then rebooting itself. I did a hard reset, and now I get as far as the screen to enter my WiFi password, but then it reboots itself again before I can enter the password. I've tried unplugging from the mains, unplugging the hdmi cable, but nothing seems to get it out of this loop.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem 😕
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NowTV are currently under going some schedule maintenance work (see link below) which is effecting the nowtv and Roku devices.

The link only mentions customers trying to set up new boxes will be effected (just wondering if a hard factory reset comes under that criteria) ?  

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-Box-Activations-11th-August-2016/m-p/391672#M305

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brill thanks for the update.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for adding that string 👍
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all, Roku are doing maintenance which is effecting Roku based devices. This is beyond Now's control. Hopefully the maintenance won't last too long.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.