cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV - Error loading content

Its three days now and three attempts chatting to customer services since commencing my subscription on Apple TV and MAC computer and I still await a solution to my problem. I can log in to my account, I can see the service content but when I try to play I get the same error message every time - An error occurred loading this content. Try again later. Not impressed so far. Please, can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the community

There is a known issue with some recent content on the Apple TV. The NOW TV Team are working on a fix, and you can find updates here
http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Entertainment-shows-temporarily-unavailable-on-Apple-TV/m-p/258455

View solution in original post

138 REPLIES 138
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will Nowtv customers be compensated for lack of on demand content? 

Sorry, but where is the compensation for not providing promised on-demand services?

Not fit for purposes, it's not the first or last time this has happened!

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T OR CAN'T WATCH THE CONTENT YOU'VE PAID FOR?

If you're unable to watch content which you've paid for, for reasons beyond your control (like a fault with your line (N/A), or your broadband speed isn't sufficient (N/A), or due to our fault (unresolved issue 2014), let us know within 28 days of paying for that content so we can run a test on your line and we may give you a refund for the relevant amount.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry, but where is the compensation for not providing promised on-demand services?
It does seem reasonable to me that since we have taken the time to report non-functioning services to the NOW TV community and NOWTV have confirmed there is a problem that NOWTV can't fix then surely we are not getting what we paid for and should be, at least, partially refunded.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.  Your post will be picked up by a member of the NOW TV Team or if you want to speak with someone now you can contact Live Chat.  Click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page & on the next page click on "Live Chat". The link you need is http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above There's also the option to email NOW TV.

Should you not be satisfied with the outcome here is a help page re complaints http://help.nowtv.com/article/NOW-TV-Customer-Complaints-Code-of-Practice

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will be able to offer you further support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User for pointing out the complaints procedure which I have noted for future reference.

At this time I don't want to escalate my/our issues to a formal complaint to either NOW TV nor the ASA.
I would rather NOW TV was open and honest with their community of users about the problems, what they doing to fix it, and to keep us fully informed.

However, if NOW TV offered a gesture of goodwill that would be most welcome.

An answer here would surely reduce the number of complaints received in general and keep everyone as happy as possible given that is an acknowledged ongoing fault with the service that NOW TV are not able to rectify instantly at this time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User this issue has been almost completely resolved as per the update here, with just two issues with episodes still remaining.

Are you still experiencing issues other than those with Agent Carter Episode 5 and Punk'd S08E06? If so, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  last night, Boardwalk Empire was still missing episodes, and the ones that were there would not play.  I'll check again when I get home this evening.

cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for letting me know. I've checked and they're still not working (not what I was told yesterday, so I'm sorry about that).

I've raised this now and we'll work to fix them as soon as possible. I'll update the main issue topic to say that these are still unavailable, then update it again when they're fixed.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Are you still experiencing issues other than those with Agent Carter Episode 5 and Punk'd S08E06? If so, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can look into this for you.

Hi Tom, I haven't personally experienced any missing content but how would I know until I try? I've spent more time posting on this forum that watching content!
That was the point I was making about sharing what doesn't work with the community and being open about the problem.

"Almost completely resolved" actually means "still broken" in plain english doesn't it?
Especially with the following post/s indicating further broken content.

This contradicts what you/NOW TV said earlier about having a complete list.

Without knowing the nature or extent of the problem (and I hope I am wrong) the impression I am getting is nothing happens until a paying customer flags up content that needs fixing then you check it, admit it and list it for fixing on a fire-fighting basis.
At this point the customer is already annoyed and frustrated enough to have found the forum and posted.

This further suggests to me the issue has not been cured but merely fixed on a case by case basis and can and probably will re-occur at any time.
Tell me I'm wrong!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you'd know if you saw the "error loading content" message which is referenced in this topic and the other ones.

I understand your point, but the typical customer path is to try and watch something, then come here to tell us when something doesn't work. It's a rarity that customers check here each time before going to watch something.

As I explained previously, I didn't list all affected content in the message, as the longer a message is, the less likely people are to read it. I kept it concise purely for that reason.

The latest update which now includes Boardwalk Empire is a complete list of content which we're aware of having issues. A colleague went through over 200 items yesterday just to check we weren't missing anything, and they all worked.

We don't benefit in any way whatsoever from things being broken, so it's in our best interests to get things fixed as soon as we can. That's what we'll continue to do, and I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tom-R>you'd know if you saw the "error loading content" message which is referenced in this topic and the other ones.

Obviously! My point was I only know there's a problem at the point I click on something and encounter the problem.
At that point it's a serious problem for me, my family, and is where all the frustration in this topic stems from.

When I click on content I have paid to watch I want to be sure it will load reliably.
Everything I've read so far tells me I can't rely on it.

Tom-R>A colleague went through over 200 items yesterday just to check we weren't missing anything, and they all worked.
That's great and I thank your colleague for doing that.
So we have established that one person can check over 200 items in one day.
Why can't all new content be checked as it's put live? - especially content advertised as "See it First", which is likely to be watched the most/annoy the most people when it doesn't work.
Why not put a plan in place so next time this mystery problem surfaces it can be dealt with promptly - it's been over a week this time around.

This ad-hoc piecemeal, fingers crossed, procedure of posting here, however well-intentioned and patient NOW TV staff are, is not the solution.

Tom-R>We don't benefit in any way whatsoever from things being broken, so it's in our best interests to get things fixed as soon as we can.
I appreciate that, and that's great too BUT if the content was checked as it's put live this thread would not exist and we'd all be happy customers.

Tom-R>That's what we'll continue to do, and I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks for your apologies on behalf of NOW TV.
The bottom line for me personally is every time I click to watch something there will be a nagging doubt whether it will load and that's ultimately a bad customer experience that needs to be sorted.