cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new codecs can produce a lot better results these days.

I tried the Wi-Fi Secret SCreen and the Signal Strength is  above three-quarters and the Glitch bard moves around a bit, from been empty to all the way in the red.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6

Just for interest, my Sony Blu ray player indicates bitrate & Amazon Instant Video (one of the few remaining apps) streams on average at around 17Mbps!!  I thought that had to be an error, but if I play files I've encoded, the player reports the correct bitrate.

When ever services quote required connection speeds for HD they generally mean the speed required for 720p HD

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/hd_general

Hi @Anonymous User

If you look at the BBC iPlayer help article I posted a link to above and also quoted here.

720p HD can be achieved using H264 at 3.2 Mbps. You also need to bear in mind that the two biggest factors in determining bit rate our resolution and frame rate. On screening services. The frame rate won't usually exceed 30 FPS . Some are either 24 or 25 FPS Video codec used on DVDs is far less efficient but also the frame rate on DVDs is higher than that of streaming services. DVD is of course also SD, so that just shows how hopeless the old codecs are.

Advance warning I'm going to have a bit of a rant now Smiley LOL

MPEG2 is also used on SD TV transmission, which is why we have a major spectrum space problem on the digital terrestrial spectrum. The higher the amount of data transmitted the more space channels take on the digital terrestrial spectrum. HD TV channels use h264/MPEG 4 , but that requires DVB-T2, DVB-C2 or DVB-S2 capable equipment. A lot of people still don't have this equipment, despite how cheap it now is. The newer broadcasting systems were available a long while before the digital switchover and yet everybody was switched over to first gen digital TV equipment. Well done digital UK/Freeviewand whoever else was involved. Not Smiley Frustrated We are now in a situation where we should really to be using H264/MPEG 4 for both SD and HD and we can't because most people don't have the necessary equipment

End of rant  Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have been struggling to watch on my Laptop. I checked, and I had all four device slots taken, so I have deleted one device in the expectation that my laptop would then be automatically registered. This is not happening. Any ideas what to do?

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there! 

We've been registered with NOWTV for 3 months now, and have had 4 devices on our account (all Apple devices). We've had no issues before, but over the last couple of days we can't watch anything through any devices, as an error message appears - 'sorry - you have reached your device limit'. We haven't added any new devices to get this message and we can't get hold of any NOWTV customer services or helplines to solve this. (Poor service!!!!) We've looked on the website and all we can do according to that is add one device every month - HELP!!!! We are paying for a service that we are not receiving. All we want to do is watch TV!!!!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query.

Thanks , 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl-F,

I'm having the exact same issue as Sicaz15 above. What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Look out for an email, I'll sort this out for you 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am back watching though my Apple TV now but I am still getting an error message on some episodes  saying, An error has occurred loading content. Is this something I can do my end or is this your end?. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This is nothing to do with your set up. It's a content issue we're afraid. We are working on these and hope to have it resolved ASAP. If you were trying to watch Ray Donavon ep3 and True Detective ep7 they are now working 🙂

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I tried to put my old box on again today 

using my phone to check to see of it works and now I cannot use my box 

it's saying error 6003 but when I go on my account there are no devices used 

my dad has cancer and this was for him to enjoy tv in bed 

so gutted I can't get it to work 

please help