cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I havent used my NOW TV account for a couple of years.However I recently bought a new black Now TV box with a 6 month entertainment pass with the intention of viewing on another TV using the old white box.

According to the NOW TV website..

You can watch NOW TV on up to four devices.
  Once you've reached your limit of four, you can replace one device every calendar month.

Yesterday, after I had jumped through hoops to get the new box working with my Virgin broadband (by disabling pings - have NowTV really still not sorted this out since 2013?)  I then tried to connect using the older box to be greeted with the message:

You've registered the maximum number of devices and used your monthly change. Next month youll be able to mke another change (6003).

When I then checked my account details online it only lists one registered device (presumably the new black box as it was registered yesterday?).  The site then goes on to state:  1 device added  After 1st February you'll be able to watch on a new device. ???

Can anyone explain what is going on as this makes no sense and completely contradicts NowTV's own information about the account being available for use on 4 devices?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you would have reached you limit when you first used the service. Deleting all the devices doesn't reset the one change per month rule. 

The best way to get going again though is to jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this month.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You dont appear to have read my post.

I havent deleted anything I havent been using the old box and this is the first time I have used the account in a couple of years.   The account shows only 1 device and I can assure you that I havent changed a thing.

I also cant contact anyone at Now TV using Live Chat as the button doesnt appear on any of the pages that I have looked at where NowTV claim it should be?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At some point in the last three years you've had four devices on your account.  You might not have touched anything for the last two, but it still counts. 

As for Live Chat, I've just check the link I provided above and it gets me to them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks that link worked.

That does all seem a bit stupid TBH but its all sorted now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm trying to add another device I deleted other devices month ago and still comes up code 6003
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for your post. 

Just to let you know I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to watch a movie but it keeps displaying error code 6003,can anyone help me to resolve the issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User error 6003 is about reaching your device limit for the month. You can either wait until February or jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this month.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't add devices until next month, I removed box from list as it wasn't working, now it is I can't use. Can you reset?