cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cancelled but still being charged

Now TV can you please sort my account out I have cancelled my movies pass in June I think so I didn't get changed again so I didn't have the movies pass in July but it randomly decided to activate itself and charge me again on the 10th August I think it was i also cancelled my entertainment month pass on July 14th as it was due to renew on the 15th I had the email confirming I had cancelled but it still charged me anyway and has again charged me this month so all together I'm looking for a refund of 1x movies pass and 2x entertainment passes please I've been a happy customer up until now but I'm not putting up with being charged when I've cancelled the service for the month I don't want it

I await your reply, thanks i have also attached a screen shot of my cancellation email.
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my entertainent pass last year yet £6.99 has been taken off my card for several months now.I would like to talk to someone about this issue immediately!

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User you are best going on to chat. If you have proof you have cancelled, i.e. confirmation​ email and have not watched you should get a refund.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

After officially cancelling your subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account'), NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email. Do you have this?

According to 'NOW TV's Terms & Conditions', if you do not officially cancel the individual NOW TV services you've subscribed to they will 'roll on' automatically prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring. Sufficed to say, asking your bank or credit/debit card company to stop making payments or replacing your debit/credit card does not provide official confirmation to NOW TV that you no longer require their services. Neither does not watching/accessing the NOW TV service!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I observe that this is acommon problem . I bought the cards (vouchers). It was advertised as no contract. I cancelled my contract before the end of my voucher but it still charged me. This forum is full of the same problem as far back as 2012 . Imagine  a mistake of 6.99 0r 9.99  per month  X 20,000, 000  sky customers. Billions of  pounds taken from ordinary customers. Many companies do it by adding small amounts like 50p (x 10000000 people  for example ) to your bill. Most people will not even check their account. It is not a mistake. Now TV will have to prove it is not fraud or return all the money . We need to file petitition to trading standards. They've made enough money wrongly from ordinary working people. time for trading standards to intervene.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened to me.  Didn't notice the 9.99 going out each month - I'm careful with direct debits and larger amounts but these are card payments and get lost in the noise.  I'm sure I cancelled and it was clear on the screen that my free pass would expire after three months and I wouldn't be able to watch movies after that.  I haven't watched a single movie since the free pass expired.

My fault for not checking bank statements with a fine toothcomb and falling foul of this scam.  It's Sky, after all, so I should have expected sharp practice.

I will certainly not be taking any passes from them in future.