cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raypurchase
Mentor

Broadband Price rise 2024

Hi,

I saw that the Sky are raising prices from April 2024 - Sky broadband and TV price hike 2024 - what can you do? (uswitch.com)

As [voucher code removed] is owned does this effect us and do we have the same rights i.e. can we leave?

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Jayach
Elite 3

As I understand it, as both Sky and Now do not have the price rises built into the contract (unlike most other ISPs). Yes you can leave without penalty, as long as you do so within 30 days of the notification.

raypurchase
Mentor

@Jayach When and where do you get a notification? I haven't had mine as of yet but the prices are set to change on the 1st april

redchiz1
Champion 2

@raypurchase 

We did get an email from NOW about call charges increasing from 1 May. Nothing about broadband though and It is too late for them to send anything relating to 1 April, they need to give at least 30 days notice. 

Jayach
Elite 3

Unfortunately, remembering what happened last year, many people complained they didn't get an email notification and ran out of time to leave penalty free.

I would suggest contacting Now to ask if they have sent you an email, and if so when?

Edit: according to this webpage, Now haven't set a price rise yet, but I suggest contacting them to ask.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/guides/mid-contract-price-rises/

Screenshot 2024-03-25 154442.png

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

Honestly? I think we would have heard from anyone who has, myself included! There is nothing on their website, or elsewhere on the internet to indicate this. I would expect one in July maybe, which would be 12 months after the last one. 

raypurchase
Mentor

@Jayach I don't know you can contact them via email? I don't want to call as it won't be recorded as evidence. Does anyone have an email address for [voucher code removed]?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@raypurchase 

Putting in email addresses on here will be removed, unless you put spaces in them or add via a picture. 
You can fill out a form.
https://help.nowtv.com/complaints

Email is
customerservices @nowtv.com (minus any spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@raypurchase 

Please let us know the outcome. Should't take long.

YOU: Are you putting up prices in April? NOW: No. 

chilli2
Elite

If I remember correctly the last time Now pulled a price rise it was not during the usual april time that other ISPs chose to put there prices up, so if it comes it may be at another time of the year.